Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD not honored, listed as paid instead. Please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD not honored, listed as paid instead. Please help

Hi all, a few weeks ago I had a CA agree to a PFD for 3 collections I had listed with them. This wax around the 23rd of April. Sent them the check for all 3 accounts and played the waiting game. Fast forward to today, my fico3b reported updates on TU AND EX showing that the accounts were listed as paid and closed but not deleted. No updates from EQ yet. This is my first time going through a PFD, so I'm a bit excited and anxious at the same time. Should I wait the 30 days before calling the CA to figure out what's going on? Has anyone had a similar situation where an account was listed as paid before it was deleted? Thanks in advance for the help.
5 REPLIES 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD not honored, listed as paid instead. Please help

I'd wait for 60 days. Quite often the CA will do a 2 step process, first showing the payment then updating the last part (either paid, settled, or deletion). It's an accounting measure. If after 60 days send an Intent to Sue letter. Was the agreement verbal or written?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The agreement was written. I'll paste the wording below. I guess I'm getting paranoid of the way it was worded, mainly the first part where they will update the status as paid and the last part where they will "request" my accounts to be removed. Should I be worried?

This letter is to confirm with you that the above referenced accounts will be considered paid in full for the amount of $XXX if received by May 1, 2017. If payment has not been received by this date there will be a per diem charge of $0.06. Once the payment has been received as stated above, Professional Credit Service will request all Credit Reporting Agencies remove the above mentioned accounts from your credit history,

Message 3 of 6
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Give it the 60 days. Whatever you do, do NOT send the letter to the CRAs or it won't be deleted since it is counter to their policies. But it is evidence if necessary for a legal suit.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good, thanks for your advice 

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The BBB is going to be your friend here if that CA doesnt follow thru on their written agreement. I would allow 60-90 from date of payment for it to be removed before moving on to the next step as already stated they usually do it in steps.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.