Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD on a settlement offer?

tag
reereetx
Contributor

PFD on a settlement offer?

I had an old Verizon account (if 2006 is considered old)....owed $385.60 and now have incurred $69.40 for a total due of $455.00.  I just received a letter from Collection Company of America offering a settlement of $136.50 by October 1st.  I certainly don't mind paying that but I want the entire account to be DELETED!  Can I follow the same rules and send a letter to PFD?  What steps should I take?  Thanks in advance for your help!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: PFD on a settlement offer?

Message 2 of 5
reereetx
Contributor

Thanks!  I have been able to find sample PFD letters but not DV letters?  Can someone point me in the right direction to see how a DV should be worded?  Thanks again!
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Something simple in the lines of "I found you claim I owe a debt on my EQ report dated ........Please validate.
Message 4 of 5
reereetx
Contributor

Ok,

I found some sample DV letters online.  Does the font and color matter?  I know in one instance I read that you should use Italics and teal colored font.  Does this apply to a DV letter?  Sorry for all the questions...just want to take the correct steps so I hopefully get a quicker response!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.