Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD on "Paid" collection?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD on "Paid" collection?

I'm just starting to figure out this whole credit repair mess. I'm in the fortunate position of being able to pay all my old debts without a struggle but, I'm learning what the best strategies are for this good fortune to positively affect my score and overall credit profile. Before learning enough about what I was doing, I paid off a (small) old debt in full but, I did not get anything in writing or make any demands as to the status left on my credit report. It now shows "Paid : Was collection account, yadda yadda" which I'm learning isn't actually a help to my score. Is it possible (or preferrable) to go back to these people and attempt a Pay for Delete? What is the best method of managing this now that I've lost my leverage?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD on "Paid" collection?

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm just starting to figure out this whole credit repair mess. I'm in the fortunate position of being able to pay all my old debts without a struggle but, I'm learning what the best strategies are for this good fortune to positively affect my score and overall credit profile. Before learning enough about what I was doing, I paid off a (small) old debt in full but, I did not get anything in writing or make any demands as to the status left on my credit report. It now shows "Paid : Was collection account, yadda yadda" which I'm learning isn't actually a help to my score. Is it possible (or preferrable) to go back to these people and attempt a Pay for Delete? What is the best method of managing this now that I've lost my leverage?

Anything is possible...and the worst thing that can happen is a no. I just tried it earlier today and got a no, but I'll try again tomorrow and the next until I get the answer I want. I'm not sure if there are reporting ramifications of doing this. I wouldn't think that there would be but then again, I'm still ignorant to a lot of things credit wise.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD on "Paid" collection?

Since it is paid you should try a GW letter...some companied are more forgiving than others...and they will remove...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.