Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD only raised score 6 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD only raised score 6 points

Greetings,

After much research on how to get collection accounts off your credit report. I got a few of my collections taken off with pay for delete. Of all the stories that I have read I have read peoples scores going up as much as 30-40 points with 1 collection removed. I have gotten 2 of 4 collections removed and my score has only raised 6 points. Im mildly disappointed in how little it went up. I was 655 and now 661 with 2 collections removed and 2 remaining. The remaining 2 will be taken off the next reporting date. Any reason why I would only go up 6 points and other peoples scores have gone up 30-40 points?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD only raised score 6 points

Your score remains low because of the remaining collections. When the last 2 are removed, you still see a significant bump.
Message 2 of 7
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Were the removed collections fairly old accounts?  I recently had a few collection accounts removed that were over 3 years old and my scores did not increase at all. But then, I had another collection account removed that was only 3 months old and my score increased. Sorry you didn't get the results you were hoping for. On a positive note, anytime you remove negative information from your report is a reason to celebrate.

Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they were over 3 years old. I guess after everything is removed I'll move on to trying to improve my score without any collections. All my credit accounts are pretty new. Within 5 years old so I guess I just need more time. Thanks for response.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any time you have multiple negative items on your credit reports, there are diminishing returns to no returns on getting one (or less than all) of them removed.

For example on my credit file, with my final major baddie (90-120 day late) removed I saw a 41 point increase, but with the second to last one removed from my only other negative account I only saw a 1 point increase.  It really only takes 1 major baddie to screw things up scoring wise.

Message 5 of 7
steelholder
Regular Contributor

I have one acct in collections for 300 wondering what kind of jump I can see if I PFD, is there some sort of calculator that can give an estimate?>

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand, that ppl get all EXCITED in anticipation of add this subtract that= this

But, it isn't like a recipe for making cookies... The way too many ppl WANT it to be.

Different profiles are of different ages, some overall thicker, thinner than others
The reported debt to CL info changes EVERY month, individual accounts meet aging data points

There are way too many balls being juggled for folks to anticipate 'points' as specifically as folks would like.

Far too often, folks try to see RISK scoring more like a GPA calculation...Which is way off base

*In fairness, much of this unrealistic though pattern has to do with MARKETERS...."training' ppl as CONSUMERS to chase this and that...
That's why you have folks asking for a CALCULATOR to approximate point values, as if this stuff is like an Olympic sport

Or as I mentioned a GPA.....

I get it...It's easy to comprehend, if I get/score this grade it'll average out to a B or a C etc

Unfortunately, RISK scoring is NOT as simple as 3+2 average 2.5

It's not a total crap, either just as BBS illustrates some very valid points.... The point being, there isnt just ' oh this ONE thing' will = whatever

There will ALWAYS be other moving pieces to consider no matter what, this thought pattern should help subside the ' disappointment' felt by ridding one of debt they owe.

Celebrate the victory of NOT owing the MONEY and having one less anchor in life and be thankful that you can now control your ability to get POINTS better because the past debt has been deleted, not to return.

So simply reducing your debt load, paying on time etc all things totally within your control puts you back in the driver's seat
Maybe not the INSTANT calculation change, one thought possible by wave of a magic wand but w/o the baddie you've got a much better opportunity... Don't fret paying some of what you legitimately owed anyway, karma will reward you moving forward.

Best of luck
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.