Hopingforamortgage
Contributor

PFD or leave them alone?

Midscore 676

Three old collections - two medical, each under $100. 2010 and 2011
Quick Collections, Inc.

One utility. SOL passed in January. $848
IC Systems

We're working on getting a mortgage, haven't found the house yet, but we're actively looking. Sent dispute on the medical coll. to EQ and TU because I had never been contacted. TU removed, EQ changed report date to 2/2014 and I'm waiting to see a drop in score.

Call and offer PFD? What is the worst case scenario? We'd really like them paid just to have them paid, kwim?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD or leave them alone?

@Hopingforamortgage wrote:
Midscore 676

Three old collections - two medical, each under $100. 2010 and 2011
Quick Collections, Inc.

One utility. SOL passed in January. $848
IC Systems

We're working on getting a mortgage, haven't found the house yet, but we're actively looking. Sent dispute on the medical coll. to EQ and TU because I had never been contacted. TU removed, EQ changed report date to 2/2014 and I'm waiting to see a drop in score.

Call and offer PFD? What is the worst case scenario? We'd really like them paid just to have them paid, kwim?

I don't know about the medical collection company, but they are usually good about deleting items if you pay for them.

I know IC systems is good about deleting.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 3
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD or leave them alone?

I would suggest PFD on all. Most medical bills are easy PFD. And I have had a PFD agreement with IC System (verbal) and they did indeed delete.

Good luck!
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.