Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD post discharge

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

PFD post discharge

This may be a stupid question but can you PFD for an account that was IIB post discharge? I have gotten 12 old collections removed 3 years early and I have 1 nagging one left for a measley $176. It's a medical bill and I tried disputing it and they verified it so it is sticking. I'm not sure if that's an option or not so I can clean my reports of collections and move on.

On another note.... another 4 came off last week and my CK score didn't budge. I'm not looking for an accurate number, but I figured that with those collections coming off they'd move somewhat. Or is that not the case since they are old and IIB?

Personal:

Business:

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD post discharge

You can, and it may even be easier than if not included in BK.

But the public records hurt more than the medical debit that shows 0 balance (which it should..).

You likely won't see much increase because of the BK reporting on CK or any other FAKOs for that matter.

Have you started any new revolving lines yet? Those will help much more than that medical reporting. Get 3 revolving lines for the next 6 months to a year.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is that items marked as IIB are removed from the scoring model. So getting them removed does not improve your scores.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also I believe its not legal for a creditor to accept payment on discharged debt unless the debt is re-affirmed in the BK. I assume we are talking BK-7 and not BK-13...

Message 4 of 8
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Yes it's a chapter 7. Sorry for the late replies as it's been a very long day. Yes it's reporting a 0 balance and IIB. I have 5 cards now since my BR and have had perfect payments for 2 years since the discharge including acquiring and paying off a car loan in that time. I just don't understand what is keeping my scores so down. To my understanding I have been doing everything correct.

Personal:

Business:

Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Yes it's a chapter 7. Sorry for the late replies as it's been a very long day. Yes it's reporting a 0 balance and IIB. I have 5 cards now since my BR and have had perfect payments for 2 years since the discharge including acquiring and paying off a car loan in that time. I just don't understand what is keeping my scores so down. To my understanding I have been doing everything correct.

The PR being reported is the main thing keeping your FICO down, I have a dismissed BK reporting on TU its gone in Feb next yr, my FICO has been range bound 712-723 for over 2 years while the FICOs have soared on the other 2 since the PR was dropped from those reports, its just the nature of the beast having the PR on file, just keep doing the right things. You need a good payment record on multiple accounts for at least 2 years to really help yourself, looks like your BK is still young as it ages its impact will be less on your score.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, as gdale6 indicates, its the BK itself that is the most likely culprit. As long as its on there it won't go much over 700 no matter what you do.

Whats your current credit profile look like (everything post BK)? What cards do you have? What are the balances? Any current installment loans? Current Mortgage? What inquiries do you have?

Message 7 of 8
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Do you have anything that has currently been updated? Have you disputed any of the accounts lately?

Reason I ask is if you have and it was verified or if a creditor is updating monthly still the account will show as a current derog keeping your scores down.

I suggest letting everything age. Accounts that were included hurt you very little compared to the BK. You will likely not see any increase if it fell off today (unless it is now current via above means) The absence of accounts included wouldn't fool a creditor or fico for that matter as no one would BK7 no debit. As they age more your scores will increase.

From my understanding creditors are allowed to collect on debits included in BK if offered (I think you have to reaffirm at time of payment or something like that Robert would know better) but can not make you to repay. I believe Navy will allow you to reopen accounts if satisfied and Amex will also let you back in if repaid (eventually). 

We would need more information to figure out why your scores are suppressed if it is not because of the above (accounts/BK being made current).

Good luck!

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.