Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD question?

tag
Cfb14
Established Member

PFD question?

A few weeks ago, I sent PFD letters for 2 collection accounts (NCO and AFNI). I have not heard anything back from AFNI, but late last week I got a letter back from NCO saying they couldn't delete in exchange for payment. Yesterday I looked at my reports, and both NCO and AFNI are deleted and I have had a 40 point increase! Does anyone know why this would be? I don't want to get too excited incase they show up again. Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: PFD question?

Hmm, that's an interesting result.

Now you're in the precarious position of either paying them or not. They could reappear on your report because they haven't been paid, or they could reappear on your report because they've been paid.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 2 of 6
titanofold
Established Contributor

Or, go to the OC and pay them if you can.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Debt collectors use credit reporting primarily as a tool in their collection activities.

Voluntary deletion by a debt collector usually indicates that they are no longer collecting on the debt, and thus have no desire to maintain and update credit reporting, or be exposed to disputes over the accuracy of that reporting.

If the OC sitll owns the debt, the OC may have terminated their contract with that debt collector.  If the debt collector owns the debt, they may have sold it to another.

In either of those situations, you may see reporting by a new debt collector.

Even absent credit reporting, the debt remains unsatisfied, and could effect future quests for credit.

Message 4 of 6
Cfb14
Established Member

Thank you both for your replies? Is my best bet at this point try to pay the OC?
Message 5 of 6
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Cfb14 wrote:
Thank you both for your replies? Is my best bet at this point try to pay the OC?

best bet is to call them and see if they sold it and get their info

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.