Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD question

tag
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

PFD question

Should you put the following paragraphs in your PFD letter if you do in fact know that the CA owns the account?

"This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed. The account number I have is the one listed on my credit reports – which omits the last few digits.

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form." 

if so why?

Also when doing PFD's I understand that its best to PIF and I plan on doing this but do you PIF everything including all the extra fees some of these CA's add?

The reason why i'm asking is because I had a CC that was charged-off, my high limit on the card was $200, the CA is asking for $525.  That is a difference of $325 dollars of late fees and add on fees.

I mean I really don't mind paying $525 if they are planning on deleting the account.  I was just wondering what would be best, trying to PFD the high limit of ($200) or just pay the $525?

v/r
James
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.