cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD refused by Credit Collection Services in MA- help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD refused by Credit Collection Services in MA- help!

GREAT!  Thanks so much for the info, I will give them a call tomorrow and see if they can give me some info about whether they've released the debt entirely or if they still own it.  I'll report back when I have more info. 
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok some new, Progressive has written off the debt and can't even accept payment for it.  The agent I spoke with said that I can pay the collections agency  and that the accounts would be marked as PAID, but they cannot be removed.  Is there anything else I can do?  I know I can send them a DV but these 3 accounts are in fact mine, and they CA can easily verify them with Progressive like I just did.  Any advice, or should I just pay them through the CA and try to GW them afterwards?

Message Edited by Nottahugger on 02-09-2010 02:01 PM
Message 12 of 14
newstart2010
Blogger

Always DV the CA before sending a PFD.  Not only does it for sure make sure you have the correct information, but it makes sure that the CA has the right and ability to accept the payment.  It also opens up the communication with the CA letting them know you know what you are doing.

Once they verify, you send them the PFD.  Everyone will tell you it cannot be removed.  The CA can remove, its a matter of will.  Progressive might remove with lots of GWs after its all paid off and corrected.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have already sent them a PFD though for each account, and they said that it wasn't possible.  I'm not sure I understand sending them a DV when they've already shown that the accounts are valid, and I know they are valid, I just want to pay them and get them removed from my credit.  Any other advice?
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.