Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD refused by Credit Collection Services

tag
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD refused by Credit Collection Services

Call Progressive and see if thye sold it to the CA or it is assigned. And tell them what you said you were not aware of the debt until you saw the collection account. See if they can supply more information as well.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 11 of 13
fairclok
Contributor

i noticed in an old post that you had success with a PFD with Collection Bureau of America (CBA).   I've also heard of others who have had success with them.   .      I will be able to Pay In Full.       Any pointers before sending off the letter?      Did you send it to anyone in particular?

Thanks in advance.

@Anonymous wrote:
I've sent off a few PFDs and got my first responses; a yes from CBA and a form letter no from Credit Collection Services. The CCS is a Ca of an insurance account from 2007 for $170.

The form letter says:

"we are in receipt of your correspondence stating you will pay the above balance if we delete it from your credit bureaus. The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires that we provide the credit bureaus with accurate information and we are prohibited from deleting the account. Upon receipt of the balance in full, we will update your account with the credit bureaus as paid in full."

No name on the letter. Suggestions from here? Wait a few weeks and try again?

Starting Score: Sept. 2012 EX FAKO 560; EQ FICO 590; TU FICO 576
2015 Score: Dec 2016 EX FICO 800; EQ FICO 790; TU FICO 810
Goal Score Met 2018: 825 or better on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 13
fairclok
Contributor

sorry.   forgot to check, email when someone replies

@Anonymous wrote:
I've sent off a few PFDs and got my first responses; a yes from CBA and a form letter no from Credit Collection Services. The CCS is a Ca of an insurance account from 2007 for $170.

The form letter says:

"we are in receipt of your correspondence stating you will pay the above balance if we delete it from your credit bureaus. The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires that we provide the credit bureaus with accurate information and we are prohibited from deleting the account. Upon receipt of the balance in full, we will update your account with the credit bureaus as paid in full."

No name on the letter. Suggestions from here? Wait a few weeks and try again?

Starting Score: Sept. 2012 EX FAKO 560; EQ FICO 590; TU FICO 576
2015 Score: Dec 2016 EX FICO 800; EQ FICO 790; TU FICO 810
Goal Score Met 2018: 825 or better on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.