Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD response and advice

tag
nursesrock
Valued Member

PFD response and advice

Hello...I am new at this PFD thing, so I have a quick question just to make sure I am on the right track. I received a response from the PFD I mailed to  Company X ( I will divulge CA name once I PFD) for an older Charter cable collection back in 2009. I received a waiver and release, stating:  I, the undersigned, hereby waive any right that I may have to dispute the above-referenced account. Instead, I offer the enclosed check in the sum of x dollars as payment of the account with the understanding that Company X will in turn, submit a deletion request to each of the credit bureaus where they reported my account. I release Company X from any and all liability arising from or pertaining to their collection efforts and credit reporting.

Company X then request my signature and date

My question is has anyone else received a letter of this sort for PFD? I am going to send the balance off with a notation on the money order by stating, Once this MO is presented and cleared for payment, Company X will delete all entries from the following CBs etc.  Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

MSCU Platinum Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amazon Rewards Visa, Chase Slate, Chase Freedom, Sallie Mae World MC, BofA 123 Cash Rewards, AMEX PRG NPSL, AMEX Delta Gold SkyMiles, AMEX ED (AU), Capital One Quicksilver One, Capital One Classic Platinum, Discover It, and some store cards (Macy's, Target, Amazon, Loft, Jared's-others are closed)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: PFD response and advice

It is saying they will submit for deletion.  Sounds like they are trying to cover their butts in case it isn't deleted, through no fault of theirs.

That would be a restrictive endorsement and in most states it isn't binding. 

Message 2 of 3
nursesrock
Valued Member

Re: PFD response and advice

Thanks for the repsonse guiness56! I am just trying to get this ball rolling and I wanted to check with the forum just to make sure I am on the right track! I have 3 more to go, hopefully they will all be this gracious.

MSCU Platinum Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amazon Rewards Visa, Chase Slate, Chase Freedom, Sallie Mae World MC, BofA 123 Cash Rewards, AMEX PRG NPSL, AMEX Delta Gold SkyMiles, AMEX ED (AU), Capital One Quicksilver One, Capital One Classic Platinum, Discover It, and some store cards (Macy's, Target, Amazon, Loft, Jared's-others are closed)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.