cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD response for Comcast/Not sure if I should do it.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD response for Comcast/Not sure if I should do it.

This letter is a response to your request to settle a debt with Comcast in the amount of 

$391.62 in exchange for Comcast removing the debt from your credit file.  Comcast 

finds this debt to be valid and in exchange for full payment is willing to submit a request 

to the collection agency to pull the information from the credit file.  Comcast has no 

influence over the timing and removal of the information from the credit file.  With that 

being said, Comcast is unable to fully comply with all the conditions you mention in your 

letter.   

This response letter is valid for 15 days from the date of this letter and should Comcast 

not receive full payment for the debt within that time, it is agreed that normal reporting 

practices will apply.   

We trust this letter provides you with the information needed to make your 

determination.   

Message Edited by kimmiecoo on 06-15-2009 09:08 AM
Message Edited by kimmiecoo on 06-15-2009 09:08 AM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD response for Comcast/Not sure if I should do it.

It sounds like they will pull the account back from the CA. What specifically do you not like? Maybe I'm missing it. From my reading I would go for it. My $.02
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should of sent the PFD to the CA not the OC. The OC says that they will request that it be removed but since the CA may make no money from you paying the OC they may not do it. It's always better to deal with who has the account at the present time.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not an expert, but I would ALWAYS pay the OC over paying the CA.
Message 4 of 9
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Who is reporting, Comcast, CA, or both?
Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the OC still owns the account and requests the file back from the CA, they have to abide and remove it from the CR.  Makes no difference whether they will or will not make money.

It is always better to deal with the OC unless they have sold the account.

Is the OC reporting also.  I see no mention that they will delete.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so I learned something new today. So guys would you suggest contact OC's first to find out if they still will collect on the debt?
Message 7 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 8 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the OC accepts payment, then there is longer any debt for the CA to collect, and their collection accunt must then be reported as deleted.  It is none of the CAs business how or why you reached terms with the OC.

If you pay the CA, they wont delete, but will merely report an update in their collection account status to paid.  That will not delete the account.

Pay the OC!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.