cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD's not clearing my reports after 75 days, now disputing with CRAs, need advice..

tag
cletus141
Established Member

PFD's not clearing my reports after 75 days, now disputing with CRAs, need advice..

I've PFD'd with CA and they submitted 2 UDFs (Universal Data Form) and each has my account marked in the box labeled 'Delete.'  This was 75 days ago.  I am now pursuing disputes with all 3 CRAs as recommended by my CA.

I've submitted my online dispute with Equifax, citing "Other, Creditor agreed to remove this account from my file."

Experian's online dispute, and whole website for that matter, is timing out.  I'll try tomorrow.

Transunion's online dispute gives me the option of Investigating the Status or Ownership.  Each category appears to have an appropriate option.  Under Ownership, the option is  "Creditor agreed to remove my liability on this account."  Under Status, the option is "Creditor agreed to remove this account from my file." 

Which should I choose?  Also, any other general advice regarding this situation would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Chris

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD's not clearing my reports after 75 days, now disputing with CRAs, need advice..

since when are we considering advice from the CAs as reliable?

seriously, the CRAs are not part to your agreements with the CA - it's the duty of the CA to live up to their part of the bargain and you can sue the CA for breach of contract, but the CRA has no obligation towards you.

I would send an ITS letter to the CA for breach of contract.

Message 2 of 8
cletus141
Established Member

Re: PFD's not clearing my reports after 75 days, now disputing with CRAs, need advice..

Good point Demed.

However, the CA provided me with a copy, that they claim has been sent to the CRAs, of the deletion order.  They say to dispute it and when the CRA looks into it, they will see that it is, in fact, deleted.

Would they just say that?  Perhaps.  I have read about other underhanded-type actions on the parts of the CAs.

Please advise.  Also, a dispute has been started with Equifax only so far. 

1. Can I call the CRAs and see if they've ACTUALLY received the deletion order that the CA claims to have sent? 

2. If they truly have sent it and it's being reported incorrectly, then what is my course of action? 

3. What should I do if I (we) think that the CA is being dishonest about sending the deletion order? 

The status of the collections have changed to PIF since the PFD, but remain on the report.  My scores have gone up, but the line items still remain. I have seen the Universal Data Form that has the checkbox for "Delete" checked.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

the CRA has contracts in place with the CAs - if I were the CRA, I would not let you, a third party, get into the details of may relationship with the CA.

the CA now has a contract in place with you - the contract states that you paid some money in return for seeing the tradelines deleted from your credit reports.

I would send a letter CMRRR to the CA, stating that as of xx\xx\xxxx, those tradelines are still present on your credit reports - as it is the obligation of the CA to have them deleted within xx days of your payment to them, you expected they would have already been deleted. Having passed xx days since your payment, should the CA fail to delete these tradelines within one week of receipt of this letter, would place the CA in breach of contract. END.

give them one week, check your credit report and be ready to send an ITS letter to the CA as follow up, as well, at that point, file complaints with the FTC, BBB and the AGs.

It is up to the CA to enforce the agreement with the CRAs - don't get in between, because should you go all the way to a suit against the CA, the CA could claim you got in between and caused confusion and delays.

Message 4 of 8
cletus141
Established Member

Well, having already filed the dispute with Equifax, I was kind of worried after your last post, demed.

However, Equifax resolved my dispute already.  Under 48 hours!  The dispute result came back in my favor and they deleted the tradeline.  I checked my credit report and it has been deleted in the Equifax report and my PLUS score went from 588 to 607 (haven't checked my FICO score yet).  It also dropped off my Experian report resulting in the same score jump.  It still remains on my Transunion report, so I think that I will dispute that one as well.

Overall score change for having those 2 collections removed:

519 to 607

88 points!

I just paid down all my CC to about 7% utilization from over 90%.  As soon as that is reflected, my score should jump again.

I'll report back with my FICO scores.

Message Edited by cletus141 on 02-06-2009 02:19 PM
Message 5 of 8
cletus141
Established Member

My EQ FICO went from 568 to 629 by deleting those collections.

My EX FICO went from 547 to 602 by deleting those collections.

My TU FICO went from 556 to 630 by deleting those collections.

Message Edited by cletus141 on 02-06-2009 03:02 PM
Message Edited by cletus141 on 02-09-2009 12:32 PM
Message 6 of 8
cletus141
Established Member

my FICO score simulation for EQ shows 719-759!  could break 800 in 24 months!

Message Edited by cletus141 on 02-06-2009 03:33 PM
Message 7 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.