Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD's

tag
sladaprm

PFD's

My results on PFD's sent

onei s asking for revision should I re-write the PFD letter as requested by CA to request deletion? My concern is the request could be denied and I've paid the debt in full but it's still on credit?

I recieved 2 more letter back from CA's 1 stating confirmation of debt but did not answer as to if they would delete or not.

and the other stating the following " our agreements with the credit reporting agencies require us to report the information regarding your accounts accurately. While we do sympathize with your current situation, we are unable to delet the accouts as requested"  

What should my next step be? Should I send another form of letter to all of these? or a different type of letter? 

I only have a few CA's left unpaid on credit report, but don't know how to get score up anymore and where it is currently isn't working for us :-(

Suggestions please.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: PFD's

@sladaprm wrote:

My results on PFD's sent

onei s asking for revision should I re-write the PFD letter as requested by CA to request deletion? My concern is the request could be denied and I've paid the debt in full but it's still on credit?  What type of revision do they want?  Do you have a copy of the PFD you sent?

I recieved 2 more letter back from CA's 1 stating confirmation of debt but did not answer as to if they would delete or not.  I would send another.

and the other stating the following " our agreements with the credit reporting agencies require us to report the information regarding your accounts accurately. While we do sympathize with your current situation, we are unable to delet the accouts as requested"  The FCRA requires them to report accurately, if they report. They don't have to report at all.   Their agreement with the CRAs says they cannot delete for payment.  However, they can delete without telling the CRA why.  I would revise a PFD and resend it. Send it to someone else in the company.

What should my next step be? Should I send another form of letter to all of these? or a different type of letter? 

I only have a few CA's left unpaid on credit report, but don't know how to get score up anymore and where it is currently isn't working for us :-(

Suggestions please.

Message 2 of 4
sladaprm

Here is the copy of the letter I sent, they want me to make the following changes, 

This letter is in response to the above referenced account listed on my Experian, Transunion and Equifax credit report that is listed as past due and an active collection. Please be aware that this is not an acknowledgment nor acceptance of responsibility for the debt.

Request

In order to rectify this matter as soon as possible, I am willing to pay this debt in full in return for your agreement to completely deletetion of this account and all references from the credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Trans Union & Experian). The purpose of this offer is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. As the company reporting to the credit agencies, by law you have full authority to do this.

40

Upon receiving your letter, I will promptly send payment of $45 in the form of a certified check. Please feel free to contact me at the address written above, as I prefer to have all correspondence in writing.

I will attempt another letter do you have any suggestions? 

Message 3 of 4
titanofold
Established Contributor

I would rewrite it like so:

This letter is in response to the Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion credit report entries as of [LAST UPDATED MONTH/YEAR;September 2012] related to the debt on the account listed above.

This letter is not an acknowledgment nor acceptance of responsibility for the debt.

I am willing to pay this account in full ($40.00) via certified funds in return for your agreement to remove all information regarding this debt from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion).

I wish to settle this matter quickly and await your reply.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.