Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD saga, just started

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

PFD saga, just started

I have just begun sending PFDs -  well, and one DV and a GW.  Here is the breakdown:

NCO Financial - says I have a 120 days late, I've never heard of them, so I sent a DV. 

Accurate Account Solutions -  $98 for Wright & Filippis (DOFD 12/2005) 

L J Ross Associates - $77 + $183 + $52 - University of Michigan Physicians (DOFD:10/04, 12/04, 12/05)

UCB Collections -  $84 - University of Michigan Medical School (DOFD: 7/08)

Ann Arbor Credit Bureau - $98 balance on $920 + $830 - (for a Towing company, with judgement) (DOFD 4/06 & 9/03)

Merchant's & Med Credit - $188 for TCF, paid

I did not follow HIPAA process, because I didn't find out about that before sending out my PFDs and now it looks like there is some controversy about whether or not it risks getting you deeper into trouble.

I sent PFDs for the full amounts from my CRs, all CMRR

So far: 

AACB refused the CMRR, but I think that may be because I addressed it to a specific person.

L J Ross sent me an accounting - 4 items (not the 3 I saw on the CR), totalling $327.49

Merchant's & Med Credit sent me 2 identical letters saying "This is to confirm the above listed account was paid in full or settled on 8/29/07"

What is my next step?  I am wondering if it would be better to deal with the attorney instead of AACB.  I am thinking about sending L J Ross a new PFD with the updated amount....any suggestions? L J Ross's letter was dated the same day as they signed for the CMRR, so it didn't take long for them to respond, but that response was confusing.  Do I continue to send everything CMRR? 

Thanks. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD saga, just started

Does anyone have some advice, please?  I'm trying to decide if I should just send another PFD to LJ Ross with the updated balance....and also what to do about the judgement - is contacting their lawyers the best plan of action?

Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on taking action. Best of luck.

Always send everything to a CA CMRRR.

I'm not a fan of HIPAA. You can get the same results by doing the DV-PFD combo, IMO.

Keep sending the letters. If Merchants is paid, then send a GW and mail w/ a stamp vs. CMRRR. AACB - send a PFD to whoever was the plaintiff. Maybe others can chime in, but I think there's a way to get it vacated if you offer a PFD and coordinate with their attorney.

Message 3 of 8
mauve
Valued Contributor

So I should send a PFD to the towing company and a letter to their attorney?  Are there any good sources for sample letters to attorneys for motions to vacate or whatever?  I've found this forum to be really helpful in a lot of things, but it seems to be more difficult for motions to vacate, especially since the laws are different for every state!

Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

mauve wrote:

So I should send a PFD to the towing company and a letter to their attorney?  Are there any good sources for sample letters to attorneys for motions to vacate or whatever?  I've found this forum to be really helpful in a lot of things, but it seems to be more difficult for motions to vacate, especially since the laws are different for every state!

Bump for others....

Out of my league. I'd talk to the towing company first. I suspect they'd say "huh?" and which point I'd write the attorney. Sample letters? I don't recall seeing any but maybe there's one or two hidden in here.

Message 5 of 8
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

What does bump mean?
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Just mean I was posting on the thread to bump it to the top of this board so that others may see, vs. being lost in the shuffle.
Message 7 of 8
mauve
Valued Contributor

Ugh, I was sick yesterday and haven't gotten it out yet, but I'm sending a new, updated PFD to LJ Ross today and 2 GWs - one to ECSI for a 30 day late on a student loan and one to the bank that previously was in charge of my LB card when I had a 30 day late.  Are they the appropriate people to send this to?  LB now has a different bank for their credit card.

I'm also getting anxious that I haven't heard back from anyone else from my initial round of PFDs, although it's only been a little less than 2 weeks.  I know, I keep reading "Patience!", but should I send them another letter at the end of the week / after 4 weeks / what, if I haven't heard back? 

Message Edited by mauve on 02-24-2010 06:47 AM

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.