cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD success Bureau of Medical Economics...

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

PFD success Bureau of Medical Economics...

I recently got a a cavalary portfolio removal from my reports and had one last CA remaining a medical collection.. Although I know they would of never done anything with it, I decided to offer a PFD for it.. Settle for 570 out of 700$ owed and got a PFD with that..  No more CA at all!!!  Just 120 lates from 3.5-4 years ago..  Made sure they sent me an email agreeing before providing payment..  Good feeling indeed to have as cleanest CR as possible... Sick of the denial for the 2 CA's I had, now they are gone or one is gone and this one will be gone within about a week!

pfd.JPG

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: PFD success Bureau of Medical Economics...

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I recently got a a cavalary portfolio removal from my reports and had one last CA remaining a medical collection.. Although I know they would of never done anything with it, I decided to offer a PFD for it.. Settle for 570 out of 700$ owed and got a PFD with that..  No more CA at all!!!  Just 120 lates from 3.5-4 years ago..  Made sure they sent me an email agreeing before providing payment..  Good feeling indeed to have as cleanest CR as possible... Sick of the denial for the 2 CA's I had, now they are gone or one is gone and this one will be gone within about a week!

pfd.JPG

Boom Outstanding. Congrats..

Message 2 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Taxi Smiley Happy..  Had a good feeling they would do it as it was medical and I had the HIPPA in my back pocket if they wanted to get nasty from a letter they sent me once going into way to much detail of what the debt was and had personal identifiable information and medical issues.... Bad combination for debt collector IMO.  Regardless happy with the results and didn't have to fight them at all, they were more than glad to do it.. They would of taken less for no PFD, but wanted a bit more for PFD, which I obviously did..  Didn't break the bank and think how much $ I will save with lower apr's etc.. Well worth it to me!

Message 3 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

YAY!!! way to go there CC!Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

Thanks PIzza!  Finally 22k+ in CO/CA all gone!!!!  it took 1.5 years, but between lawyers (expensive), PFD(expensive as well) for some stuff and disputing the heck out of other stuff all is gone!  It was a very very costly process w/regards to $$ and time and stress, but mainly my mistakes and I paid literally!  Report is clean now with exception of 7 or 8 120 lates from 3.5-4 years ago and that is it!  I really can't ask for much more to be honest..  I deserve a Ritz card I think umm next week when it is gone from credit reportSmiley Happy..  Venture I should get a 15k-25k line based on other CL's along with history w/chase Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Thanks PIzza!  Finally 22k+ in CO/CA all gone!!!!  it took 1.5 years, but between lawyers (expensive), PFD(expensive as well) for some stuff and disputing the heck out of other stuff all is gone!  It was a very very costly process w/regards to $$ and time and stress, but mainly my mistakes and I paid literally!  Report is clean now with exception of 7 or 8 120 lates from 3.5-4 years ago and that is it!  I really can't ask for much more to be honest..  I deserve a Ritz card I think umm next week when it is gone from credit reportSmiley Happy..  Venture I should get a 15k-25k line based on other CL's along with history w/chase Smiley Happy

oh I think a Ritz is in order, at least a Venture for sure...LOLSmiley Happy those 120 lates are still costing you on your scores.  From what I understand...90 day+ lates effect you the whole time they are onyour reports.  DO NOT app until you are for sure your reports are updated.  Dont rely on the 3 report here...My TU was missing 21 IIB accts!!  when I pulled my actual TU report...there they all were Smiley Sad  

Message 6 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

oh I think a Ritz is in order, at least a Venture for sure...LOLSmiley Happy those 120 lates are still costing you on your scores.  From what I understand...90 day+ lates effect you the whole time they are onyour reports.  DO NOT app until you are for sure your reports are updated.  Dont rely on the 3 report here...My TU was missing 21 IIB accts!!  when I pulled my actual TU report...there they all were Smiley Sad  

Ya the 120 days are deffinetly costing me for sure and will draw attention, but they are fairly aged, so hopefully not to much attention..  I have daily puller and cancelled my 3b monitoring from here and using another service that provides monitoring and real ficos as well that is cheaper and offers more value.  Just got sick of the lag with the 3b from this site.  If they ever fix it and add more value I will resubscribe to it.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.