Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD success

I've posted a bit about this, but got to thinking I needed to add more detail in case anyone searches this CA company name in the future here. It was a medical collection account at UTSW in Dallas. They contract with a CA named Account Services inc out of San Antonio. Anyway, the account was right at two years old. I contacted them Dec 11. Told them I had noticed a derogatory entry on my reports. I asked about a PFD if I paid the balance in full. The rep was nice, stated they would definitely delete the account from my reports and send me a letter stating it would be deleted. I needed to do a bank to bank wire transfer. Once it posted to their bank, they would update my info there and with the OC then initiate the deletion from the CRAs. It was with great trepidation that I wired basically $1k, but oh well. Monday, I called them to check and they stated my payment posted, and they had started the deletion process. They stated it would possibly take 4-6 weeks to be deleted. By Tuesday or Wednesday it was gone from EQ and EX. It's still on TU, but I assume TU simply hasn't caught up as of yet. Still waiting for my scores to reflect this, but I know the initial removal causes some instability which FICO doesn't know how to handle. Thursday I received the letter in the mail. Scanned it, and saved it to my work computer, my laptop at home, took a picture of it with my iPad. I might even frame that sucker Smiley Happy

Once TU catches up, I'll have 0 negatives on both TU and EX. I still have one negative on EQ, but it's supposed to age off February 2016, so I'm going to attempt an early exclusion first chance I get in January. Can't begin to describe how good this feels. Ready to start seeing my scores reflect the good news. Ready to be able to sign a credit application and not worry that it will be declined. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD success

Congrats

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.