cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD to CA, does that remove OC mark from CR?

tag
DeadManWalking

PFD to CA, does that remove OC mark from CR?

Hi,

New here, been lurking for quite some time.   Not going to bore with lots of background info.  But basically have made some lifestyle changes to increase spenable cash over the last year and have enough extra money to pay off all my old bad debts.  Living in RI, the SOL is 15 years, so waiting for them to drop off is not an option for me. 

Quick question #1 - Can I or should I still send a DV even if I know for a fact that it has been over 30 days since I have been contacted by the CA?  Is it worth making them validate the debt?   

Quick question #2 - I have the OCs reporting debts on my CR as CO/COLL, DEROGATORY, with zero balances.  If I PFD the debt with the CA, do the negative marks from the OC also come off or do I just have to live with those?  I am trying to throw as much money as possible at this to get the best results in the shortest amount of time possible. 

Thanks!!! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PFD to CA, does that remove OC mark from CR?

1.  You can always send the debt collector a request to validate the debt. 

A DV never requires the debt collector to provide validation.  If timely, it imposes a restriction on them until they have done so.

If timely, it requires them to cease collection activites until such time as they choose to validate the debt.

If untimely, it invokes no cease collection bar, and they can choose to ignore it, and go on about their business.

2.  Reportings by an OC and a debt collector are separate. 

No, deletion by the debt collector of their reproting imposes no requirement on the OC to delete any reporting pertaining to their account.

Message 2 of 3
DeadManWalking

Re: PFD to CA, does that remove OC mark from CR?

Perfect.  Thanks for the quick reply.  That's exactly the information I was looking for.   

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.