Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD to OC or CA?

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

PFD to OC or CA?

I'm working on a PFD to the OC on an account that has been validated as being assigned to a CA for collection.  The OC is not reporting on my credit report.  However, the CA is reporting.  Should I PFD the CA since they're reporting?  Or should I PFD the OC and ask them for deletion of the collection account from their CA?

My only concern is that since the OC is not reporting, the CA has the power to disregard the OC's request to delete the collection.  I've read so many times here on the board where the CA didn't do as the OC requested.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD to OC or CA?

adamseve wrote:
I'm working on a PFD to the OC on an account that has been validated as being assigned to a CA for collection.  The OC is not reporting on my credit report.  However, the CA is reporting.  Should I PFD the CA since they're reporting?  Or should I PFD the OC and ask them for deletion of the collection account from their CA?

My only concern is that since the OC is not reporting, the CA has the power to disregard the OC's request to delete the collection.  I've read so many times here on the board where the CA didn't do as the OC requested.

If the OC has only assigned the account, I would contact the OC and ask if I PIF if they would remove from collections and instruct the CA to delete.

If they will not agree to this, send the PFD to the CA.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.