Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD to Original Creditor or Collection Agency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD to Original Creditor or Collection Agency

I have a couple of cards that were recently charged off. I have been receiving calls from collection agencys on them, however only the OC is reporting on my Credit Report. Should i send a PFD to the OC or the CA since the CA isn't even reporting? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD to Original Creditor or Collection Agency

I'd try the CA and even though they are not reporting get PFD in case it should mysteriously appear.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the debt collector is not reporting, there would be nothing to request them to delete.

You would have two basic options if you decide to pay.

1.  You can offer the debt collector payment in exchange for an agreement not to report, or

2. You can instead go after deletion of the charge-off reported by the OC by sending the PFD to them, and then hope that  the debt collector does not report.

Of course, that would require that the OC still owns the debt.  Is the OC still reporting a debt balance owed in their reporting?

Message 3 of 4
esme
Regular Contributor

If the OC is reporting and they've hired a CA for the debt collection efforts, contacting either party isn't going to do any good. I was recently in this very situation where Verizon Wireless had sent the account to EOS CCA (a CA that they outsourced for debt collection), but when I tried to negotiate a PFD with EOS CCA they said they didn't have the authority to negotiate because they didn't own the account. I went back to Verizon Wireless and attempted to negotiate a PFD and they also said they couldn't because they said that the account was sent to EOS CCA. Talk about a stalemate.

I requested DV from EOS CCA, and all they did was send me an email stating the amount owed and that the OC was Verizon Wireless. I refused to accept this as sufficient proof of validation and when I said I would escalate the issue to the proper authorities if they couldn't provide me with more proof of the amount owed, they mailed me a letter within a week stating that they have decided to send the account back to Verizon Wireless for them to deal with. I am now in negotiations with Verizon Wireless, rightfully so, since they are the OC, they still own the debt, and they are the ones who are reporting.

You shouldn't and can't try to negotiate with an agency who isn't even reporting the debt to the credit bureaus. If the OC is reporting, and the CA is the one who sent you the bill, that means that the OC still owns the debt and is the only party who has the authority to negotiate a PFD if they choose to do so. You can try negotiating with a CA doesn't own the debt, but they will still need to obtain authorization from the OC to delete in exchange for a payment.

In summary, the only one who can delete the TL from your credit reports is the agency that is reporting, so they are the ones that need to be contacted.

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.