cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD twist

tag
Mlrs327

PFD twist

Want to know what you guys and gals think here. My wife has 2 $30 medical collections from same CA. I sent a PFD and added $20(to help persuate them) so $80 total. They did not sign and return my PFD as requested....but sent me a letter to call them to work it out. $80 total due in the letter. The letter also stated the accounts will report to all 3 CRAs in 30 days. ??? I was confused and updated her reports and they are gone.

It seems that they agree to my proposal, but are offering a workaround from deleting after payment, which may violate their agreement with CRA.

Gonna call them, but if they refuse to offer it in writing.....what are your suggestions. Thinking recording phone call and trusting(I know ROFL) they won't rereport paid status after I pay.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
snugglebug
Valued Member

Re: PFD twist

Wait... did I read your post correctly...they deleted the collections? They are gone, gone, gone from her reports?!?!  Don't cal them! They are just covering their butts by sending you that letter.  I'd leave this situation alone since they are no longer reporting. And thank your lucky stars your lil' twist (bribe) worked! Smiley Wink 

Message 2 of 7
Mlrs327

Yes they are gone gone gone. However, I believe they removed them to threaten rereporting if I don't pay within the next 30 days. The letter stated it WILL report to all 3 on July 1
Message 3 of 7
snugglebug
Valued Member

My bad, I thought you had already paid them. So basically they are trying to turn the tables on you by now accepting your $80 (which should actually be $60) and threatening to report in 30 days if you don't give them the money (overpayment) you promised. Can you speciify which CA? Perhaps others might have more insight knowing which one it was. If they do reinsert, I would be prepared with the "before" CRs and the ones they were deleted from.  Sometimes it's just difficult to get a PFD in writing due to the agreement they have with the CRAs. I would venture they just want your money, but want you to know that they are the ones with the "upper hand."  In the new Fico 08 score models, collections under $100 aren't even factored into your score anymore. Personally, I would just send them the money. It's already been removed, and they might see it as too much trouble to re-report.  The CRAs might not even allow it since it's already been removed.  Hope that helps some.... 

Message 4 of 7
Mlrs327

Your advise is exactly in line with my thinking. Thanks alot. I will see if they will possibly fax me something indicating they will not repost after payment. I have already printed her report with them not there. If they refuse to send me anything, I will probably just go ahead and pay it, then fight it if it shows back up. Throw a fit, scream HIPAA violation, anything to get it back off. More than likely they are just using a loophole in CRA agreements they probably have. Thanks again.
Message 5 of 7
snugglebug
Valued Member

@Mlrs327 wrote:
Your advise is exactly in line with my thinking. Thanks alot. I will see if they will possibly fax me something indicating they will not repost after payment. I have already printed her report with them not there. If they refuse to send me anything, I will probably just go ahead and pay it, then fight it if it shows back up. Throw a fit, scream HIPAA violation, anything to get it back off. More than likely they are just using a loophole in CRA agreements they probably have. Thanks again.

Throw a fit...haha!! You got this! 

Message 6 of 7
Mlrs327

Haha, thanks. I'll update this once everything is settled, with details on how it worked out.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.