cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD via Fax. Pay over Phone. Take It?

tag
rellim61

Re: PFD via Fax. Pay over Phone. Take It?

It's been a while since this has cleared, but I wanted to let everyone know that everything was deleted from my credit within a month or two of this happening.  CMRE seems to have done good!  Thanks for the help.

Message 11 of 13
BlessedHappiness
New Contributor

Congratulations! When you called them the first time did you tell them the debt is yours and you want to pay? Or, you see it on your report and want more info?
Message 12 of 13
rellim61

not sure I fully understand your question, but the first time I called them I knew the debt was mine and there was no question about it.  I just wanted to see if it would clear and get it paid in full so was upfront about it.  I already had some old bills from the charges, and if I recall, they had sent me a statement months earlier (which I think I sat on for a while)  So I guess, yes, I told them the debt was mine.  

It was actually an old medical charge that came up after I had a major surgery, years ago - it was one of the MDs that came in while cutting me open to do some checking or what not - it wasn't even my actual doctor, who was covered by my insurance.  This other guy wasn't covered, but I hadn't even a clue who he was or that he even had a part of my surgery . . till months later receiving this bill)  I could have submitted the claim against my original insurance provider but I dropped them years earlier, and figured it wasn't worth it any longer so just decided to pay it to drop it, was only a few hundred. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.