cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD vs 1099 - c

tag
austinrb1

PFD vs 1099 - c

I have 3 CO accounts where I received a 1099-c and paid taxes against for 2013.    These are with Bank of America, CITI, and USAA.  I'm at the point where I can offer settlements or PFD on the balances shown.  However, I've read a few posts here where there seems to be some uncertainty about the debt status.  Some stating that once it is 1099c it is no longer collectable, nor available to close out to $0.  That, I'm permanently blacklisted with these entities.

Any input?  Thanks in advance for any advisement.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PFD vs 1099 - c

If they sent IRs a 1099c on the debt, they are notifying them that they excused the debt.  It no longer exists.

I presume the amountt was the difference between the full amount of the debt and what they accepted as a settlement?

If so the debt balance on each account should have been updated to $0.

Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

If they sent IRs a 1099c on the debt, they are notifying them that they excused the debt.  It no longer exists.

I presume the amountt was the difference between the full amount of the debt and what they accepted as a settlement?

Sorry OP 

Not Jacking 

Welcome home RobertEG you have been missed Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

Sorry OP 

Not Jacking 

Welcome home RobertEG you have been missed Smiley Wink

I wholeheartedly agree!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.