Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD... which company to send it to?

tag
hchiuraz

PFD... which company to send it to?

Hi, everyone. 

I have a charge off with Capital One and the corresponding collection account with Portfolio Recovery. The charge off is for 1300 (it was 1000 but mysteriously got 300 more.. and part of the 1000 was from fees that ended up being in a class action law suit--payment protection). But I digress! Anyways, I've decided to try a Pay for Delete letter and see what happens. The account is wayy past the SOL and about to fall off my credit report in about a year and a half. But, I just want it gone!

I know that Portfollio Recovery is supposed to be aweful, and that Capital One is not much better. My question: who should I send the pay for delete letter to -- the recovery department of capital one or portfolio recovery? I wanted to try Capital One first because I can  attempt to get rid of the charge off at the same time, but is that a horrible idea?

Thanks!

WF College Card - $3500, Discover IT - $4500, Virgin America Visa - $2500, Capital One Platinum Mastercard - $1950, Chase Slate - $2000, Chase Amazon - $1000, Crate&Barrel - $1500, Victoria's Secret - $750
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD... which company to send it to?

You would send it to whomever is reporting at this moment, which in your cause is PRA correct? And since it is out of the SOL and you can't be sued, you know you can offer LESS than what's due. Offer them something for a delete, I say 30% of the debt. 

Capital one will not get rid of the debt but they will update it to paid charge off.

Good luck.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.