Established Member
RedHead1

PFD with Balance Transfer/Credit Card

[ Edited ]

I have been slowly paying down my open credit card balances. I have some outstanding credit card collections that I'd like to pay (hopefully PFD) with the open balances on my other/good standing credit cards. Can you do this? Can you essentially pay a collection with a credit card? Does it work like a balance transfer?

Starting Score: 464 October 2012
Current Score: 544 (+80 points whoo hoo!)
Goal Score: 600

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
RedHead1

Re: PFD with Balance Transfer/Credit Card

Since no one has replied, let me rephrase.

1. Has anyone PFD with anything other than cash-in-hand?

2. Has anyone PFD with a payment plan over a period of time? Do they reliably delete afterwards?

Starting Score: 464 October 2012
Current Score: 544 (+80 points whoo hoo!)
Goal Score: 600

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
Diabolically_Random

Re: PFD with Balance Transfer/Credit Card

Two of the PFD's I have done have been over the phone and paid by credit card.  Credit card was their payment preference since checks take several days to clear.  I was just sure to have them fax the agreement before giving them payment info.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}