Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD with Columbia Collection Service

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD with Columbia Collection Service

I have sent two PFD offers to this place earlier this year - no response whatsover, except for a credit report update. So I have been doing some digging and I've added some stuff to my offer letter. I found the name of the company president and general manager, as well as their physical address (instead of the PO box I used before). I also added info regarding the HFMA Medical Debt Task Force Report. The bolded portion is the new stuff I included. I am also including the referenced flowchart from the report.This is for two small medical debts.

------------------------------------------------

Here is my letter:

October 15, 2015

Dear Ms. Welch,

RE: Account #D9297xxxx, in the original amount of $58.00, current balance of $80.00 from Providence Hood River, placed 05/2012, and Account #D9297xxxx in the original amount of $25.00, current balance of $34.00, also from Providence Hood River, placed on 05/2012.

This letter is in response to your report of the above collection accounts on my credit reports. I am not accepting or denying that I owe this debt, which I believe may have arisen from the often sloppy and confusing billing practices rampant in our medical insurance industry, but because it is a relatively small amount, I would like to settle in full ($120.00 to account for recent interest) with you, with the agreement that you delete these items from my credit reports. This would be in accordance with recommendations and industry best practices outlined in the HFMA Medical Debt Task Force Report issued January 2014, in partnership with the Association of Credit and Collection Professionals, of which your agency is listed as a member. Note that in the process flowchart on page 7 of the report, at the very end of the process is the statement “If Reported: Remove Credit Bureau Report” (see attached page). I have spoken with the provider, Providence Hood River Medical, and they have assured me that they are in no way opposed to the removal of this item from my reports when it is paid. Futhermore, your agreement to do this guarantees prompt payment, and thus is a win/win for both of us.

Please respond back within 15 working days, and if you find this agreement acceptable payment will be remitted immediately via guaranteed instrument such as postal money order or certified check.

You may respond via mail at the above address or via email to nfhiggs@gmail.com.

If no reply is received within 15 working days (March 13, 2015) I will consider this offer to be rejected.

Thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback welcome.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD with Columbia Collection Service

I thought that medical reports under 100.00m could not be reported on your credit report.  Am I wrong?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought that medical reports under 100.00m could not be reported on your credit report.  Am I wrong?

They can be reported. FICO 8 is supposed to not score them, but FICO 2/4/5 certainly does, and thats what I need to raise - my mortgage scores.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You convinced me its a good idea to delete it after payment.

They should be delighted to get the payment, it includes interest above the original amount, that they bought at a discount.

Hope it works, let us know the outcome.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You convinced me its a good idea to delete it after payment.

They should be delighted to get the payment, it includes interest above the original amount, that they bought at a discount.

Hope it works, let us know the outcome.

Also if anyone is having trouble finding a physical mailing address (many will only give out a PO Box) for a CA, try looking them up in the member directopry on the Association of Credit and Collection Professionals (also known as ACA International) website:
http://www.acainternational.org/memberdirectory.aspx

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, did you ever get Columbia to delete this in exchange for payment? Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I am curious as I have a valid debt with them, as well.

Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.