Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD with credit card?

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PFD with credit card?

You do have a comprehensive dispute process under the Fair Credit Billing Act that has substantial protections for any billing related issue, and a dispute process that has evidentiary provisions that are not part of an FCRA dispute.

Personally, I would not use a credit card for payment to a debt collector, but there are substantial protections under the FCBA if you choose to do so.

Just be aware of the timeliness provisions for FCBA disputes if any problems arise......

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If you want to pay with a CC than do it...I have done it countless times without any issues. If the CA ever played games and charged more you can dispute it...

EXACTLY. Credit cards have protections built in for this sort of thing, that you don't have that with debit card or ACH transactions. I would not use my debit card or allow them to direct debit my account, but Credit Card payments are pretty safe.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
If you want to pay with a CC than do it...I have done it countless times without any issues. If the CA ever played games and charged more you can dispute it...

EXACTLY. Credit cards have protections built in for this sort of thing, that you don't have that with debit card or ACH transactions. I would not use my debit card or allow them to direct debit my account, but Credit Card payments are pretty safe.

AMEN!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.