Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD without DV

tag
Jane_O
New Contributor

PFD without DV

Hi Everyone,

I want to send a PFD to National Recovery Services for a medical collection, however, i don't want them to DV because i have already gotten notices for this and I know I owe this amount to them. Is there a letter that i can send that does not include the DV part of it? Should i just remove it from the standard PFD letter?

Should I try calling them and trying to get the PFD over the phone since i am willing to pay in full?

Do I send it CMRRR if I choose to send the letter?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: PFD without DV

Short, sweet and to the point is best.

I am not acknowledging nor disputing this debt, account______.  However, in the spirit of compromise I am willing to pay the entire amount for the deletion of the account from all 3 credit reporting bureaus.

Do not send money until you hear from them.  Just send regular mail, no CMRRR.

Message 2 of 12
Jane_O
New Contributor

Will do...

Should i sign the letter. I read somewhere on here that i shouldn't.

Message 3 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am not aware of any letter that both requests debt verification and offers a PFD.

That is, in fact, contradictory if the DV is timely, as a timely DV imposes a cease collection bar, which precludes any collection activity on their part until they have first provided the requested debt verification.

A standard PFD states that the offer is not an admission of debt, but merely an offer to resolve the matter.

Simply offer the amount, and state that the payment is contingent upon their agreement to delete their reporting of the collection.

I would not send CMRRR, as that signifies some possible legal significance of their receipt.  You are simply making an offer, which is a form of good will request, and requiring proof of their receipt might carry an unwanted inference.

Telephone negotiations might help speed an agreement, so I would not hesitate to call them with the proviso that you dont make any admission of the debt.

Message 4 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Nope, don't sign it.  Just type your name.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 12
Jane_O
New Contributor

This is what i will be sending. Please let me know if it is good. Thank you!

NRA GROUP, LLC
PO BOX 6715
HARRISBURG, PA 17106

03/05/2013

Re: Holy Name Hospital #: 2809XXXX

Amount: $116

To Whom It May Concern:

I am not acknowledging nor disputing this debt, account 2809xxxx (as it appears on my credit file), however, in the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form. I would like to resolve this matter as soon as possible

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the amount of one hundred sixteen dollars ($116.00) will be sent to National Recovery Services, LLC in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

National Recovery Services, LLC agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above. If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of National Recovery Services, LLC. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this settlement offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this alleged debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Message 6 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I really don't like that letter!!!!

It's a PFD, which is a form of GW.  All that time limit and demands really puts me off.

Make it short and sweet.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

A PFD is a type of GW and this makes it look like you are forcing them.  It is also saying if they don't do what you say you will ask for validation of the debt.. That is your right any way, if done in a timely manner.

Since it is a GW, don't give them time limitations.

ETA:  Shogun you're on the ball today!

Message 8 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Personally, I would leave out the last two paragraphs.

It's a request for their good-will.  Settting demands and speciic time periods is not, in my opinion, apt to foster good-will.

As for requesting debt validation, it appears to be a threat.  Would any DV now even be timely?

Message 9 of 12
Jane_O
New Contributor

I will delete the threats! Thank you everyone! Cat Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.