Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD wording after SOL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD wording after SOL

I know when doing a PFD you don't want to acknowledge the debt or anything, but is it ever appropriate to say that you've got XX amount of money available and would like to PFD with them before you use it elsewhere? I have a collections that SOL is up for in August. I want to do a PFD with them. Can I tell them I have $600 available right now (for example) that I will pay for the account if you agree to delete and if you don't accept I can't guarantee that I will have the available funds to pay later? Or is this stepping into murky waters and I should stick to the legal side of doing a PFD? I'm worried that keeping it strictly legal may make them not want to settle but saying I have something I can pay them before I use it for something else may spark interest. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD wording after SOL

@Anonymous wrote:

I know when doing a PFD you don't want to acknowledge the debt or anything, but is it ever appropriate to say that you've got XX amount of money available and would like to PFD with them before you use it elsewhere? I have a collections that SOL is up for in August. I want to do a PFD with them. Can I tell them I have $600 available right now (for example) that I will pay for the account if you agree to delete and if you don't accept I can't guarantee that I will have the available funds to pay later? Or is this stepping into murky waters and I should stick to the legal side of doing a PFD? I'm worried that keeping it strictly legal may make them not want to settle but saying I have something I can pay them before I use it for something else may spark interest. Any ideas?

Simply refer to the debt as "old, time barred debt".

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I reference it as time barred then it'd be okay to mention having the money for a settlement but possibly using it for something else if they don't take the offer?

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So if I reference it as time barred then it'd be okay to mention having the money for a settlement but possibly using it for something else if they don't take the offer?

I would not put such wording when you are trying to basically get a GW deletion from them in exchange for settling it.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay then, I'll just stick to the "normal" format then. Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.