cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD

tag
xtremeone

PFD

I contacted Asset Acceptance today to pay off a debt. It was originaly 570 before i got behind and when the company sold it the amount was 1300. It has been purchased by a second lender now which is Asset Accpt. the first being Square Two or something and shows to be 2400. Any way i called to do a PFD and the guy said he would let me pay 1300 today but that they cant legaly delete anything from a report. So being that the debt is from 2009 most of the damage is done and unless its deleted it will no raise my score correct? Im having a hard time getting PFDs is there a better way to go about it? Also is it safe to pay by phone or should i make them send me a signed agreement in the mail or by fax?

Starting Score: 631
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

Re: PFD

I was in a similar situation as you.  AA wouldn't do a PFD but after I agree to a settlement, they faxed me the terms of the settlment the next day.  Once it is paid I am going to send them a GW letter.

Message 2 of 3
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

Re: PFD

I'm in the same boat! Getting lots of settlement offers but no PFD. 

5/16/13 Starting FICOEQ: 521 FICOTU: 536 FICOEX: 571
5/13/14 Current FICOEQ: 668 FICOTU: 690 FICOEX: 673
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.