cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD

tag
Superstock04

PFD

Brand new to this site and starting the long rebuild journey! Has anybody ever had success with a PFD with LVNV or something like that? OC was GE dental card that was charged off and sent to them while I'm here in Afghanistan. Gonna be home in a month and will have some $ to get all baddies paid!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: PFD

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your service.

LVNV can be a bear to deal with.

Are you AD?  Was this account opened before you deployed?  If so, you can invoke the SSCRA.  If anything, it will reduce the interest and fees to 6% a year.

Message 2 of 10
Superstock04

Thank you
I'm national guard on title 10. The OC was late when I left but after I was already gone it was sent to LVNV. I had a job loss so I had about 8 accts go bad. I just happened to stumble on this site while I was reviewing a credit report and score and thought it would help me thru all this. I'm not looking for a quick overnight credit repair or anything I just don't want to lose my security clearance over bad credit. I don't deny the debt and I am willing to pay it when I get back I just wanna be able to get a car loan or a house or anything without having to wonder if I'm gonna get denied.
Message 3 of 10
Superstock04

I just read on hear about some people having some luck with PFD letters!
Message 4 of 10
Superstock04

Here. Sorry
Message 5 of 10
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

I didnt know about PFD's before I paid LVNV, but a GW call to the OC did the trick. The OC said, they would call LVNV to see, if they would agree to delete and before I knew it was deleted from my CR. 

Sounds like you are in the military, if so Thank You for your Service.Smiley Wink

Good Luck to you and come home safe.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 6 of 10
Superstock04

I just opened a secured card thru NFCU to help rebuild and although I have about 6 lates I was able to keep my military star card! So I have a couple things going for me. I did however have 3 cap one cards get charged off and a local debt that ended up with a judgement against me. Also a verizon phone bill that went from $240 to $790 in what seemed like overnight. This truly the worst possible thing that could happen because I filed bankruptcy back in 09 due to young and dumb mistakes but everything was good until I got laid off and then was told I wasn't getting called back to work. I know have an awesome govt job that I start when I get back but cash only goes as far as how much you got so I wanna have good credit so I have one less worry in life!
Message 7 of 10
Superstock04

Who was the OC if you don't mind me asking?
Message 8 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Superstock04 wrote:
Thank you
I'm national guard on title 10. The OC was late when I left but after I was already gone it was sent to LVNV. I had a job loss so I had about 8 accts go bad. I just happened to stumble on this site while I was reviewing a credit report and score and thought it would help me thru all this. I'm not looking for a quick overnight credit repair or anything I just don't want to lose my security clearance over bad credit. I don't deny the debt and I am willing to pay it when I get back I just wanna be able to get a car loan or a house or anything without having to wonder if I'm gonna get denied.

I just retired 2 years ago with 25 years in the service.  I had credit issues and had my clearance pulled in-house.  It wasn't sent out as official.

But, I did my TS update and can tell you as long as you are making efforts to correct they will not pull your clearance.  A lot of it has to do with the investigator and whether or not he/she is friendly.

Message 9 of 10
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@Superstock04 wrote:
Who was the OC if you don't mind me asking?

Oops, I meant to say, it was the attorney for LVNV that I called, to get the CA deleted. Here is how it went.

It's kind of a long story, but i'll try to shorten it. Stopped paying Cap1 in 03,they sent it to LVNV in 06 and then their attorney tried to take me to court for a judgment. Their attorney and I agreed to a settlement and I paid it before the court date. Then a few months later, it was early 07. I found that LVNV was still on my CR. I called the attorney back, they called LVNV and next thing I knew it was removed. Cap1 remand on my CR, until 2011

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.