Valued Member

PFD

Has anyone had a PFD work on a collection that is still within SOL?   I have one that is from my old apartment complex for past due rent.  I am not sure how to proceed with this one.  Any suggestions on how to proceed would help me out alot.

Thanks!
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD

I sure have-
it was months old- and if anything this helped.

jennifer143 wrote:
Has anyone had a PFD work on a collection that is still within SOL?   I have one that is from my old apartment complex for past due rent.  I am not sure how to proceed with this one.  Any suggestions on how to proceed would help me out alot.

Thanks!

Valued Contributor

I just had a collection from Jan. 2008...I paid...was told they only will update as PIF...the next week I wrote them a GW asking for removal...a week after that I got a letter from them saying it would be deleted from all CRA...less than a week later...it was deleted from all CRA...45+ point increase on all scores...
Valued Member

Great!!  I have the money to pay it so I will send the PFD out this week.  Thank you so much for the information.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.