Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIF BoA charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PIF BoA charge off

So I just paid in full my last baddie on my report that was doing serious damage as it was a charge off cc revolving. I tried to talk them into deleting that was a no go. I tried see if the can take out the late payments that was a no go. Well I paid the whole bill off and finally maybe I can see score go up. My question is what are my steps after I have paid this to have this removed somehow.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PIF BoA charge off

You should have tried to call them first and work something out. Now you dont really have a leverage to ask them for PIF. Maybe you can send them a GW letter letting them know your intentions and what you wanted. Sorry about this! Try to talk to someone else, sometimes you just need to get lucky who you talk to, but then if they already notated your account for alot of calls then you maybe SOL on calling so we'll have to do it in slower process. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did I tried 2 times they did not budge. I guess it's gw letters now?
Message 3 of 8
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I did I tried 2 times they did not budge. I guess it's gw letters now?

Looks like your only option at this point.

Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Call someone in upper management, and use the arguement that reporting of a charge-off is their reporting of the determination that you are not going to pay the debt.

By having paid the debt, you have shown that you are, in fact, a consumer who meets their financial obligation when able, and not one who stiffs a debt.

Continued inclusion of a charge-off in your credit report thus does not accurately reflect upon you as a consumer.

Thus, deletion of that reporting is considered to be more accurate than its continued showing.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good now how do I get into contact with a higher up? Ask for a supervisor?
Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Hopefully, someone here on the forum can provide a contact that they have used......

Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree, try someone higher up, but if not all you can do is try the GW letters, as you have nothing to lose. Someone there just may budge.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.