Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIF for Delete and GW Letters

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

PIF for Delete and GW Letters

I apologize if this post is a duplicate, however after searching I cannot find the answers to the following:

1.  Am going to send in a PIF offer for a delete with OC that is currently in CO status. 

What is the best address to use - the billing address?  Also, should an offer like this be sent CMRRR? or would regular mail do the trick?  Also, what are the success rates for offering a PIF for a delete with CC Company? the company is First Premier. I have read mixed things that CCs don't like to get PIF for a delete.  Someone wrote that you should PIF then GW them. 

2.  Goodwill letters - I read that I should send the GW letters to the top executives at the company and that I can send them every week. I would think it would best to send them to someone's name, not Dear Credit Relations Manager.  Please advise on best results for the GW letters.  Also, Is it ok to send a GW regular mail, or does this need to be sent CMRRR?  Obviously, I will GW the paid accounts!

Thanks for any help/advice. 

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PIF for Delete and GW Letters

Most CCs that are reporting a CO, will not accept a PFD or a GW. But it is worth a try.

What is the DOFD (not the CO date)?    Is there a CA reporting?

Message 2 of 5
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Here are some details and thanks for your help -

Account History:

Charge Off as of Feb 2008 to November 2008

120 days Jan 08

90 days Dec 07

60 days Nov 07, Jul 07, Mar 07, Nov 05

30 days 0 Oct 07, Jun 07, Feb 07, Oct 05

I guess my DOFD would be October of 04

Account was opened 08/2004

Scheduled to go on record until 07/2014

I know this account was turned over to a CA, but they have NOT reported it on my CR yet. 

what is the BEST way to handle this monster to get my score up? I want to mail the PIF for a delete but if you have any suggestions on how to handle it now so that the CA doesn't list another....thank you again.

Message 3 of 5
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Daisy,

My GF had an issue with First Premier, and we were able to get it deleted by writing directly to the president of the company (I can't remember how we found that information, but it's available on the web).

It would be hard to get a PIFFD, but it's worth a shot to send a heart-felt, but determined letter to FPB President, see how he responds. You can bring up all the talk about the reckleness nature of not just individuals, but all manner of financial institutions over the last few years and beg for the president's help, as the law states that a Creditor must report accurately, not that they have a responsibility to report.

Message 4 of 5
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thanks for this information. I will try to start at the top! The only risk I take is they throw the letter in the trash and i lose $0.42!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.