cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIF to OC 3 weeks ago, CA hasn't updated CR, what do I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PIF to OC 3 weeks ago, CA hasn't updated CR, what do I do?

As the title says, I paid in full to the OC of a small legitimate medical debt (>$100) three weeks ago, but my CR hasn't changed (ie the debt is still listed as unpaid).

How do I take care of this without spending more of my own money if I can help it?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: PIF to OC 3 weeks ago, CA hasn't updated CR, what do I do?

@Anonymous wrote:

As the title says, I paid in full to the OC of a small legitimate medical debt (>$100) three weeks ago, but my CR hasn't changed (ie the debt is still listed as unpaid).

How do I take care of this without spending more of my own money if I can help it?

3 weeks may not be enough time for the reports to update. It should show a $0 balance once it is updated. IMO you need to wait about 30-45 days for your reports to update. Good Luck

EDITED TO ADD: Make sure that the payment you sent in was full amount owed and no additional interest and or fees were tacked on. If there were you will have additional money to pay. Just something to watch out for.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with JM-AM. 3 weeks is not long enough for this is run through the system.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JM-AM wrote:

3 weeks may not be enough time for the reports to update. It should show a $0 balance once it is updated. IMO you need to wait about 30-45 days for your reports to update. Good Luck

EDITED TO ADD: Make sure that the payment you sent in was full amount owed and no additional interest and or fees were tacked on. If there were you will have additional money to pay. Just something to watch out for.

Thanks for the reply.

The amount was confirmed to me by the OC in an email dialog, so if it turns out to be otherwise I'll be a bit cross.

I suppose I'm not really in a rush, but given the speed with which financial transactions and information exchange occur these days I thought three weeks would be ample time.

Message 4 of 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JM-AM wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

The amount was confirmed to me by the OC in an email dialog, so if it turns out to be otherwise I'll be a bit cross.

I suppose I'm not really in a rush, but given the speed with which financial transactions and information exchange occur these days I thought three weeks would be ample time.

If this was showing up as a negative account and or in collections on your Credit Reports I would after it updates ask (GW) the OC if they can remove it from your Credit Reports. Either that or follow the HIPAA process to have it removed since it was medical. You can get information on HIPAA by doing a search in google. 

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.