Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIF while gardening

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PIF while gardening

I have been gardening since august of 2016 and have been always paying in full my credit cards since acquiring them to this date. My question is this really necessary in rebuilding? I'm not trying to get any new accounts or anything as of yet. Maybe a auto loan sometime this year. On my credit file all I have is 3 credit cards all getting close to being 1 year
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PIF while gardening

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

PIF doesnt solely increase Fico. However, keep your util low and only let one card report under 9 percent.
Consider adding a shared loan if you do not have an installment reporting.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

PIF is a great habit to have, but if you are gardening and don't plan on applying for anything soon, I wouldn't get so stressed if a balance gets posted. Keep using your cards for what you need (PIF like it's a debit card) and your payment history will show positive growth.

When you are ready to apply for something, that's when you might want to have your account optimized with the lowest utility and only one reporting a balance. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.