Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIGGY BACKING

tag
WIDSMI
Regular Contributor

PIGGY BACKING

I am in the porcess of cleaning up my credit and I need some answers regarding "piggy backing".My fiance has very good credit ( 724 ) and uses 2 to 3 cards and pays every month. Would it be wise to see if she can add me to her account? What does she need to do in order to get me on her account so they will report. What does she need to ask?... Will this even work?....also... I would not use her card.. this is just to raise my score if possible....

any ideas?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Re: PIGGY BACKING

She will need to add you as an AU, and that's it.  Her history becomes your history good and bad.  So yes it will work.

700 Club Member
Message 2 of 12
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

How long does it take until you see the tradeline on your CR? My aunt put me as a AU back in the middle of Sept and I haven't seen the tradeline show yet.
Message 3 of 12
WIDSMI
Regular Contributor

Does she need to ask if they will report my info? I thought I read something about this not working anymore since everyone started doing this and it gave false scores to people who really had bad credit.....maybe im wrong......
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I gave it a shot and it worked.  We went online to one of DH's CCs and added me as an AU.  It just asked for my name to put on the card and said one would arrive in the mail.  Since it didn’t ask for my SSN or any other info I figured it wouldn't do me any good, but when I pulled my CRs a few days ago it was reporting. 
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

When FICO Version '08 (I believe) gets rolling AU's will no longer be accepted....They keep pushing the release of this version back, but eventually AU's won't work anymore.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my kids on & off my CC as AUs for years. I was never ask any questions except their names. 

Message 7 of 12
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
When FICO Version '08 (I believe) gets rolling AU's will no longer be accepted....They keep pushing the release of this version back, but eventually AU's won't work anymore.

Not true. They WILL allow for legitimate AU accounts to factor into your Fico score.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
WIDSMI
Regular Contributor

Well I guess it wouldn't hurt to just go ahead and add my name....BUT how do they know who's report to report to without a SS#.....
Message 9 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not true. They WILL allow for legitimate AU accounts to factor into your Fico score.

Ditto. However, FICO did say that they would block some, but not all AUs. I have no clue how they will do that.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.