Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE Don't Come Back!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE Don't Come Back!

I had an old paid collection show up on my Equifax and Experian last month that I immediately started squawking about to the BBB, the CRAs and, of course, to the CA themselves.  This particular collection has been on TU for years.  The thing of it is -- according to the original DOFD, that negative tradeline is due to fall off this month.  My squawking apparently did some good because, thank God, when I pulled my reports this morning, it is GONE off Equifax and Experian.  I did not expect it to be gone off of TU yet because, as you all know, they take the longest to update but, I expect to see it gone off TU by month's end.  Why the CA chose to report this old collection for just a month's time made no sense to me.  I did note that they had changed the DOFD date when they reported on Experian and Equifax and that is what I complained about with the BBB, the CRAs and the collection agency!  As I said, I rejoice to report that, as of this morning, they are GONE now and, I pray that they never come back! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: PLEASE Don't Come Back!

Awesome !!!  Good~bye and good riddance !  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
annielorie
Valued Contributor

THe really sleazy CA's figure they will give it the college try...many people pay this way because they have mortgages auto loans refis in the picture. Keep all you documentation as well as your old credit reports forever.  Forever. 7 years means nothing to these people.  If they put it on again  in future  or actually pass it off to another low life scum collector you have all the papers to just fax to the CRA's. Bam Done!!!!Smiley LOL

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you have evidence of actual reporting of an improper DOFD, that is a serious violation of FCRA 623(a)(5).  The rules for reporting of a DOFD are clearly set forth, and it is not too difficult to show inaccurate reporting.  The issue is willfullness in their reporting.

If you chose to pursue it, you might have grounds for your own civil action for violation of the FCRA. 

That might convince them not to do the same with others.......

Message 4 of 5
annielorie
Valued Contributor

+10

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.