cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP ANSWER! EXPERIAN FICO SCORE AND EXPERIAN SCORE, HUGE DIFFERENCE! WHY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE HELP ANSWER! EXPERIAN FICO SCORE AND EXPERIAN SCORE, HUGE DIFFERENCE! WHY

On February 5, 2009, I pulled an EX Score on MYFICO. It was 630. The same day, I pulled it from EX SITE, it was 592. WHY? PLEASE GIVE INPUT, AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! THANKS
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PLEASE HELP ANSWER! EXPERIAN FICO SCORE AND EXPERIAN SCORE, HUGE DIFFERENCE! WHY

Becuase they're two very different products. One, purchased from this website is your FICO score-- the one that prospective lenders are most likely using in weighing your risk.

The other (from Experian) is what's known as the FAKO score. A numeric risk score that has absolutley no correlation to your FICO score. It is also of little value. Ignore it.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PLEASE HELP ANSWER! EXPERIAN FICO SCORE AND EXPERIAN SCORE, HUGE DIFFERENCE! WHY

You must not have heard of "FAKO" scores.  Experian sells lots of scores.  Just not the score that lenders use.  Lenders use the FICO scores.  The score you bought may be good in a general way to follow your progress, but you're not looking at a number that anyone else cares about.  Lenders only care about the FICO score.

That's why it's such a big deal that the EX FICO score will no longer be available for purchase by consumers after next week.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES< but also in talking with my bank, they use EQUIFAX reports and pay no attention to FICO. Why?
Message 4 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Unlike EX and TU, your Equifax FICO score here at myFICO is the same Equifax FICO score at Equifax's web site.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.