Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP!! SALLIE MAE!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE HELP!! SALLIE MAE!!

I have a Sallie Mae account reporting 120 days late from July 2011 through November 2011. After investigating this account Ive found that Cittibank transferred my account to Sallie Mae in June 2011 and Sallie Mae charged off the account in November 2011. I had no known knowledge of this account or the transfer. I do not remember receiving any calls or mail regarding this sallie Mae account. It appears that the account was only open for approx 6 months then somehow transferred back to Citibank. In addition, I pulled a report of my student loans from the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and the Sallie Mae account appears nowhere on the report.

Does any of this seem like it would be grounds for immediate removal of the tradelines from the credit bureaus??? Please help!! Your advice would be very much appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PLEASE HELP!! SALLIE MAE!!

I believe only FEDERAL student loans show up on NSLDS. 

(My private/slma loans never showed up on NSLDS.)

Message 2 of 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: PLEASE HELP!! SALLIE MAE!!

Locking Thread duplicate found here...http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Student-Loans/PLEASE-HELP-SALLIE-MAE/m-p/3649327

Hi jb3131,

Please refrain from posting across boards. If you see, you want your thread on another board, just ask to have it moved.

On the post, you want the mods to look at, click on "Options". (located upper right corner of post).

Then click on  "Report Inappropriate Content." (dont worry about the wording. Should say Notify a Mod).

There will be a small box pop up to write a message to the mods, then click on "send to moderator"

It's that easy. 

~Lightnin, myFICO Mod

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.