cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP! Synchrony Goodwill Addresses/Email?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE HELP! Synchrony Goodwill Addresses/Email?

Hi,

I'm looking for Synchrony (previously GE) addresses/email for goodwill letters. Does anyone have any contacts they can PM? 

Anything from General Correspondance address, Disputes Department, or Executives would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PLEASE HELP! Synchrony Goodwill Addresses/Email?

I've been unsucessful in finding Synchrony email addresses for GW letters.

BUT, I've had two successful Synchrony GW removals:

• One GW removal by phone (their credit services dept; usually the same number on the card or listed on the credit report)
  • One GW removal by letter (the PO box listed on the credit report)

A word of advice if you're gonna call and ask for a GW removal, ask to speak with a supervisor off the bat.  The call center CSRs don't know jack - most of them don't even understand the concept of removing/updating information on a credit report.  Also, if you are gonna ask for a GW removal, it's best to have a legitimate reason (i.e. my missed payment was an accident due to my not receiving a statement from Synchrony for two months straight - this was the actual reason in my case). 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

• One GW removal by phone (their credit services dept; usually the same number on the card or listed on the credit report)

A word of advice if you're gonna call and ask for a GW removal, ask to speak with a supervisor off the bat.  The call center CSRs don't know jack - most of them don't even understand the concept of removing/updating information on a credit report.  Also, if you are gonna ask for a GW removal, it's best to have a legitimate reason (i.e. my missed payment was an accident due to my not receiving a statement from Synchrony for two months straight - this was the actual reason in my case). 

Thanks for the valuable information sonic! Much appreciated.

I spoke with supervisor who advised I send a letter but lost the sheet of paper I wrote it on Smiley Sad .

I just confirmed the address listed on my report as "GE" is in fact where I should send it for Synchrony. Now that my account is totally paid in full, I'm hoping my chances of a goodwill is improved. 

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the valuable information sonic! Much appreciated.

I spoke with supervisor who advised I send a letter but lost the sheet of paper I wrote it on Smiley Sad .

I just confirmed the address listed on my report as "GE" is in fact where I should send it for Synchrony. Now that my account is totally paid in full, I'm hoping my chances of a goodwill is improved. 

Thanks again!

No prob!  In my experience, some supervisors at Sycnhrony will claim it's "impossible" to delete the baddie or the entire account (if that's what you want).  Some will tell you it's possible but they just won't do it.  

It all comes down to the right person hearing you out.  I was making GW requests to Synchrony by phone every three days and it took about a week or so until I got a nice woman on the phone that was willing to hear me out and make the update. I had paid off my account in full too - which I think really helped my case.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.