Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP.....TOO SOON TO CELEBRATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE HELP.....TOO SOON TO CELEBRATE

Ok, this is the account I just got a letter from saying they closed the account based on the investigation and would delete off credit reports. Now they put this on my report!! What do i do? Call them and ask why they put it on the report?

Reported By: Experian   Reported On: 01/07/2009   Alert Type: Grid Code G (Collections)   Creditor Type: Other Collection Agencies   Date Last Updated: 01/04/2009   Derogatory Amount: 00000142   Date of Alert: 01/06/2009   Creditor Name: AFNI, INC.   Creditor Address: PO BOX 3427   BLOOMINGTON, IL 61702-3427   Creditor Phone Number: (888)2162408
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PLEASE HELP.....TOO SOON TO CELEBRATE

You got the letter from the CA saying they would delete?

Were they already reporting on EX and removed then placed back? Or were they not reporting at all and now they are?

When did you receive the letter?

IMO, wait about 30 days to see if they remove. Are you app'ing for anything really soon, like before 30 days?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, this is the account I just got a letter from saying they closed the account based on the investigation and would delete off credit reports. Now they put this on my report!! What do i do? Call them and ask why they put it on the report?

Reported By: Experian   Reported On: 01/07/2009   Alert Type: Grid Code G (Collections)   Creditor Type: Other Collection Agencies   Date Last Updated: 01/04/2009   Derogatory Amount: 00000142   Date of Alert: 01/06/2009   Creditor Name: AFNI, INC.   Creditor Address: PO BOX 3427   BLOOMINGTON, IL 61702-3427   Creditor Phone Number: (888)2162408

what's the date on their letter?

i assume it predates their update (1/7/2009) of the record.

if you are really upset (i would be) i would complain right away to BBB, AGs (both) and FTC.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, they were already reporting to  all 3 bureaus......they letter I got was dated 1/6/2009.And then they put this on my report:

And they were already reporting this on my report!! (below) and I don't know what to do?!? How to I file complaints? and more importantly how do I get all 4 of them off my reports!!

AFNI, INC.------ Creditor Name: AFNI AFNI, INC.   - Account No.:  - Original Creditor: 10 CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS  - Responsibility: Individual Individual  - Condition: Derogatory Derogatory  - Original Balance: $142 $142  - Balance: $142 $142  - Date Opened: 01/10/2008 01/2008  - Date Reported: 02/17/2008 02/17/2008   Remarks: [TransUnion] Placed for collection   [Experian]  

[Equifax]   

AFNI-BLOOM More about this account|Dispute------- Account No.:    - Condition:     Derogatory- Balance:     $142 -Type:     Collection- Pay Status:     Late 120 Days
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok forgot.....the letter was dated 1/6/09 and the new collection was added 1/7/09
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it actually double reporting or did they just update?  Don't go by the alert, pull a report if you have a monitoring service that allows you.

It is possible they had submitted an update that the CRA hadn't processed BEFORE they sent that letter.

IMO, I would wait at least 30 days before doing anything.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Txchick08 wrote:

OK, they were already reporting to  all 3 bureaus......they letter I got was dated 1/6/2009.And then they put this on my report:

Looks like they actually updated before they sent the letter, as I had suspected.

If your service alerted you on 1/6/09, they had likely contacted the CRA before this time and your letter is dated 1/6/09.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are ag's? I am just trying to get this off asap! Can I fax or mail the letter I got to the credit bureaus or something? I don't know why they would add it again......if they just said they were going to take it off?! What steps should I take to get it removed? Thanks so much everyone!!
Message 8 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

AG=Attorney General. Print out these abbreviations and keep it by your computer. These were a Godsend, when I first came to these forums.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Txchick08 wrote:
What are ag's? I am just trying to get this off asap! Can I fax or mail the letter I got to the credit bureaus or something? I don't know why they would add it again......if they just said they were going to take it off?! What steps should I take to get it removed? Thanks so much everyone!!

Doesn't look like they added it again, but rather updated. And likey they updated before that letter was sent to you.

IMO, don't send anything to the CRA or you could delay the removal of the account.

I would give it at least 30 days.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.