cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP WITH MY CHARGEOFF ACCOUNT!!!!

tag
Rmarte86
Established Member

Re: PLEASE HELP WITH MY CHARGEOFF ACCOUNT!!!!

So do I just call them and ask them if it is possible that they reinstate my account in return for me paying the full amount that is owed? And also tell them that I want to pay it in exchange of chargeoff being completely removed from my credit reports. IF they agree, should I just go ahead and do that over the phone or should I ask them to send me a formal letter stating that?

Ok so just to verify, If I do get to pay the account in full, and they reinstate my account, my credit report is going to say "paid as agreed" and my chargeoff will be deleted?

Message 11 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They are the OC, I would trust them.  I wouldn't ask for a lot since what you are asking for is big in the first place.
Message 12 of 17
Rmarte86
Established Member

Ok, I would do just that. I will let you know what happens after I speak to them. Any other pointers before I call them and ask for this HUGE favor?
Message 13 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 14 of 17
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Rmarte86 wrote:
Ok, I would do just that. I will let you know what happens after I speak to them. Any other pointers before I call them and ask for this HUGE favor?

This is you making a GW phone call instead of sending a GW letter. Since you are asking for a big favor stay nice and calm and collected.

They are under no obligation to do anything you are asking them to do so keep that in mind.

Good luck to you.

Message 15 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Some basic facts, please.

BOA is the OC and still owns the debt?

They did a CO, and then a CA contacted you?

The CA has not posted to your CR?  So the CA is only a collection assignee, not the owner of the debt?

You can deal with the OC provided the CA has not purchased the debt, but is only a collection assignee.

Message 16 of 17
Rmarte86
Established Member

OK guys, I called yesterday and they told me that I have to call back during regular business hours Monday - Friday 9-5 PM.. I dont know why I couldnt just speak to someone there but they couldnt help me. I will call back on Monday and find out if I can do anything about the account.

@RobertEG: to answer your questions,

BOA is the OC..

BOA did a CO, and CA contacted me..

CA has NOT posted to my CR... I am not quite sure how I would know if they own the debt or not, but like you stated, if they are not reporting to my CR, I guess that the OC is the owner of the debt.

If it matters, I had another CA on my CR but they just came up as an inquiry not an account *bit confused about that*

The other CA was Penncro Associates..

I just hope I can get this fixed soon, I dont even care if I have to pay more than what I owe in order to get it off my report! But I wont sound THAT desperate when I call them, I will keep my cool and remain collected..

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.