Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE Help with re-aging

tag
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

PLEASE Help with re-aging

Just got results from a dispute with Experian and now it looks like it has been re-aged to show as a CO in Sept 2014. HELP?! This is my husbands report.

Bankruptcy filed 2/4/09 resloved 11/28/13

SYNCB/Ultimate Electronics

Previous

Date Opened: 08/2008

Last Reported: 04/2009

High Balance: $2,000

Recent Balance: $0 as of 4/2009

Comment: Account closed at credit grantor's reguest

Payment History:

08/2008-03/2009 OK

CLS April 2009

Account History as of April 2009

Debt included in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy on Nov 28, 2012

Now

Status: This account is scheduled to continue on rcord until Jun 2021. This item was updated from our precessing of your dispute in Oct 2014.

Date Opened: 08/2008

Last Reported: 10/2014

High Balance: $2,000

Recent Balance: NA

Comment: Account paid in full for less than full balance

Payment History:

08/2008-03/2009 OK

Then ND from 4/2009-8/2014

Then CO Sept 2014

Then CLS Oct 2014

Account History: Charge off as of Sept 2014

So obviously it is now WRONG! What do I do? Please help.

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

Re: PLEASE Help with re-aging

No advice?

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.lowcostlegal.com/can-a-company-report-a-charge-off-after-filing-bankruptcy/

"CAN A COMPANY REPORT A CHARGE-OFF AFTER FILING BANKRUPTCY?

If you have filed for bankruptcy, your creditors such as credit card companies may not report the debt you owe them as a charge-off. It must have a different designation. Although laws vary somewhat by state, there are federal laws that govern the designation of charged-off debt."

"Most low cost bankruptcy attorneys recommend that you pull your credit report 6-8 months after your bankruptcy is discharged. If debt still appears on your report as charged off debt, contact the 3 reporting agencies by phone or in writing to notify them of the error. Fax or send them a copy of your bankruptcy discharge if they question the validity of your claim. By law, they are required to convert all charge offs to discharged debt once your bankruptcy is discharged. If they do not, then have your bankruptcy lawyer write or contact them. That usually takes care of the issue."

If you get no results, you can also go to the CFPB (http://www.consumerfinance.gov/)

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am unaware of any provision of law stating that a real loss accrued by a creditor cannot be reported as a charge to profit or loss based on the fact that the loss accrued due to a BK discharge of the debt.  I would speculate that such authority would be required prior to contesting the legality of their accounting.

The date of reporting of their having taken an accounting of a business loss is not the date they took that action.

They dont report the date of a CO, they report on a given date only that they have previously taken that action.

I would recommend consulting an accountant or tax atty before contesting the legality of their chargeoff of the loss.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.