Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!! I would like to rebuild my credit badly

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!! I would like to rebuild my credit badly

@blackswan22 wrote:

I live in FL and the SOL for witten contracts and promissory notes is 5 years , the SOL for oral accounts (credit cards) and oral contracts is 4 years.

Which category would a car loan fall under??? That would be a written contract.

on my TU  date opened is Jan 2005, Date of last activity is May 2008, and Date closed is March 2007.

Which date would determine my SOL You need the DoFD (Date of First Delinquency). Reports from third party sites (including myFICO) often don't have the most complete information. If you pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com Experian and Transunion will have the drop off dates. The Equifax report will show the actual DoFD.

Message 11 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If a balance is owed, they can come after it. When a car is repo'd they will take it and auction it at a cheap price. They'll apply that towards the balance you owed at the time of the repo and come after the difference.

It would be a promissory note since the car is used as collateral on the loan which has a fixed rate and terms. The SOL (and CRTP) clock would start at the DOFD (so, none of the above). TU doesn't list DOFD, but if you have your full report from the CRA, it'll list a drop off date. Subtract 7 years to get a rough DOFD. DOFD is the date you first went late and never recovered.

ETA....I've got slow typing skills

Message 12 of 16
blackswan22
New Contributor

ok thank you. I have my equifax report I will look on there to get the date.

The collection  I want to send DV letters whats the best way of getting there addresses?? Thir names are all shortening on my TU report...I dont see why they would do that

Starting Score: EQ 495 Ex 585 TU 582
Current Score: EQ 610 EX 662 TU 682
Goal Score: EQ 680 EX 700 TU 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If you get your CRs directly from the CRA (or annualcreditreport), then there is a section for addresses and you can get it that way. An alternative would be to google exactly as printed and you can ewasily find the name by which to get more info.

Message 14 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@blackswan22 wrote:

ok thank you. I have my equifax report I will look on there to get the date.

The collection  I want to send DV letters whats the best way of getting there addresses?? Thir names are all shortening on my TU report...I dont see why they would do that

Unfortunately that also is often what you find with third party reports. The full reports from annualcreditreport.com should have all the information you need.

ETA: Now llecs out typed me!

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 15 of 16
blackswan22
New Contributor

ok thank you all so much....Im determined to get my credit together one way or another

Starting Score: EQ 495 Ex 585 TU 582
Current Score: EQ 610 EX 662 TU 682
Goal Score: EQ 680 EX 700 TU 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.