Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*POOF* Hunter Warfield Collection gone

tag
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

*POOF* Hunter Warfield Collection gone

From all 3 bureaus. I don't know if that means they've sold it to someone else or what?

Original date 11/2012. They started updating monthly some time in 2015 and start calling me regularly around April of this year. I offered a monthly payment (I know they have no obligation to accept) and that I would PIF but I am first paying other creditors (I know they just want their money but to be fair I owe the other people too and they want their money...and those debts were incurred first). 

Anyway, they would never take less than $100/mo and it just wasn't something I could do at the time (I am paying off medical bills and rehabbing my student loans). 

Do I call them? Do I wait and see?

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: *POOF* Hunter Warfield Collection gone

What is the date of your first delinquency on the OC account that preceded their collection (i.e., your DOFD)?

It may have reached its credit report exclusion date.

If it was deleted rather than excluded by the CRA, the most likely reason is that the debt collector no longer has collection authority.

Did the debt collector own the debt, or were they only an assigned agent of another owner?

Message 2 of 10
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

The debt was owed as of October 2012. It was sent from the OC to Hunter Warfield November 2012. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The date that the debt collector received the debt, either by assignment or purchase, is not relevant to credit report exclusion.

The DOFD is the relevant date for determining the credit report exclusion date.

The DOFD must, by definition, precede the date the debt was assigned or sold to the debt collector.

Message 4 of 10
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

The debt became due to the creditor 10/2012.

THis was move-out fees for an apartment. Not a bill due by a certain date. When I moved out, technically the money was owed. So 10/2012.

The account went to HW 11/2012. 

There are no other dates.

Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Then your DOFD would be either 10/2012 or 11/2012, meaning credit report exclusion was not due until late 2019 to early 2020.

The debt collector voluntarily reported deletion.

It could be reinserted, either by them or another debt collector, at any time.

Message 6 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP, you may want to keep an eye out, or even contact the OC to see what happened. Of it was being transferred to someone else, which is likely, they just haven't reported it yet. This is a window of time where you may be able to try to get it paid before it reports again. This may keep them from reporting it all together.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 10
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

I ended up calling them and it's still with HW and they finally accepted a payment arrangement agreement. I'll have this other medical collection paid off by September and then plan to pay HW their balance in full October.

I did NOT mention it being removed from my reports though. Should I?

Message 8 of 10
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

Chiming in here: By chance did y ou rent from a Camden property?  There's a specific reason I'm asking ...

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an open collection from them I'm trying to get removed. It wasn't a Camden property but a MAA property
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.