Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSITIVE STATUS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

POSITIVE STATUS

I think that this question has been asked on the forum many times, but I'm still having a hard time finding a clear answer....

I have student loans that are reporting 60,90, 120 days late all together in a three month timeframe that are scheduled to go into a "Positive status" in 2017 according to Experian. 

Can I expect that these lines will no longer show as negative or derogatory accounts at this time? Will this apply across all CRA and not only Experian?

Should there be some kind of score increase because of this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: POSITIVE STATUS

If those lates are aging off, yeah, you'll likely see a bit of boost to your score unless you have other factors that are newer that are causing an issue.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: POSITIVE STATUS

What is considered to be a "negative" or "positive" account is very subjective, so there is, in my opinion, no clear answer.

Once derogs become excluded from your normal credit report, then the account no longer shows the derogs, and thus can be viewed as "positive" with respect to payment history profile and scoring.  However, the account may still contain other information that is not favorable to scoring, such as a continued, delinquent account balance, that could result in pegging the account, in a manual review, as not being "positive."

Additionally, even exclusion of derogs does not remove the derogs from the consumer's credit file, it excludes them from being included in normal credit reports that be issued by the CRAs.  That may be considered to still be a "negative,"

Yes, as per scoring of payment history, credit report exclusion makes the account "positive" with respect to scoring, as that is the intent of the exclusion.

However, the broader interpretation of the entire account as "positive" is much more subjective, depending upon what other info continues to be included in credit reports, or possibly attainable via a full factual credit report that could include all prior derogs, including those that are normally excluded.

I would not get hung up on the terms postive and negative......

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.