Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRA BBB complaint response

tag
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Re: PRA BBB complaint response

Nope, no score drop. Calvary did the same thing last week. I contacted the CRAs and they removed the notation and emailed me. I hate these &^$#%^*(I)

It's retaliation. Plain and Simple. Its no coincidence that they added the dispute comments 24 hours after BBB contacted me. I will be filing another CFPB complaint citing retaliation.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 31 of 50
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@fixmycred14, OMG, I just got my dispute report back from EX and they did the SAME thing to me.....reporting the collections starting 10/13 like its brand new. Smiley Sad I am going to get my documentation together and file the CFPB complaint today. Unbelievable.  Honestly, I am not sure if I have enough fight in me left to worry about it this week. I need to get my energy up and work on it in a few weeks. I have a BBB complaint against Midland for 2 accounts that were re-aged  and EQ and EX disputes in for Fair Collections and Outsourcing...they were both joint liabiliites and they are reporting UNPAID. Sooooooooooo very tired of it all.  Smiley Sad

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 32 of 50
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

@fixmycred14, OMG, I just got my dispute report back from EX and they did the SAME thing to me.....reporting the collections starting 10/13 like its brand new. Smiley Sad I am going to get my documentation together and file the CFPB complaint today. Unbelievable.  Honestly, I am not sure if I have enough fight in me left to worry about it this week. I need to get my energy up and work on it in a few weeks. I have a BBB complaint against Midland for 2 accounts that were re-aged  and EQ and EX disputes in for Fair Collections and Outsourcing...they were both joint liabiliites and they are reporting UNPAID. Sooooooooooo very tired of it all.  Smiley Sad

You do know that the 10/13 is the date it is reported to the CRAs and not the date of the actual debt.  This is how ALL collections are reported.  They can have them for 2 years but it is the date that they report it that is counted.  And there is no law that says they have to report it any earlier.

That date also has no bearing on when it will be removed.  A CA uses the same DoFD as the OC.

Message 33 of 50
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

but guiness56, it was opened in 2009....now it says first reported 10/2013? It was first reported a month after it opened...it was on my previous reports. why would they change the dates? Seriously?

Message 34 of 50
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It was first reported by them, the CA,  on 10/13.  It was reported by the OC back in 2009.

If another CA was to get the account the date reported would change to the date the new CA reported it.

Remember, you are talking about 2 entirely different accounts here.  One from the OC and one from a collections agency.  Each are separate reportings with different dates of reporting etc.

The important date is the DoFD of the CA account or when it shows it will drop off.  The fact it is showing a reported date of 10/13 does not make the original account newer, just the collections.

Message 35 of 50
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

The OC isn't on my report at all anymore.

Now The CA is reporting 10/13 as the date first reported.....but a few months ago, before I disputed, the date first reported was 2009.  DOFD 2008

Maybe I am getting worked up for nothing, but this account was paid in May 2012 and if this date change doesn't impact my scores, I don't really care, but it isn't being reported accurately. 

Message 36 of 50
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Who was reporting as 2009, the CA and was it the same CA?

Who was paid, the CA that is reporting?

Did you notice a drop in score when it reported?

Can you post a pic of how it was reporting before and how it is reporting now?

Message 37 of 50
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

yes, i am going to get my old reports now. ill be back thanks

Message 38 of 50
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

ok guiness56 (oh wise one) 

Who was reporting as 2009, the CA and was it the same CA? Portfolio Recovery, yes same (and only CA assigned)

Who was paid, the CA that is reporting? Portfolio Recovery was paid 5/2012

Did you notice a drop in score when it reported? I am not sure....I have so many things going on at once..

Can you post a pic of how it was reporting before and how it is reporting now?  I am having a hard time pasting a pic. See below for most of the info.

Before

Date Opened- Sep 2009

First Reported- Sept 2012

Date of Status- Oct 2012

Type- Debt Buyer

Terms- 1 month

Credit limit or original amount- 1321

Status- paid in settlement this account is scheduled to continue on record until 2015

Comment- Account information disputed by consumer meets FCRA

After 

Date Opened- Sep 2009

First Reported- Oct 2013

Date of Status- Nov 2013

Type- Debt Buyer

Terms- 1 month

Credit limit or original amount- 1952

Status- paid in settlement this account is scheduled to continue on record until 2015

Creditors statement- Account paid in full for less than full balance- Item was updated from processing of your dispute in Nov 2013

Message 39 of 50
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Thanks.  No, there is nothing incorrect with the way it is reporting.

Date opened is the date the CA was assigned the debt so there is nothing changed there. 

Date first reported is the date the information as showing was first reported. 

The exclusion date is the same and that is what I would worry about. 

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.