Didn't pay anything.

Message 11 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PRA Collection

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm in hot water with them too and just filed cfpb claim against them. They make me sick!

What was your reason for cfpb claim Kento? if I may ask. I am getting a cfpb case ready because I did not get relief in a Synchrony class action lawsuit that I qualified for and if I did not get relief the end result should have been complete delete of Sync and Anyone they sold it to in this case pra. the class action was in filed in 2014, I hope I still can get rid of them with this as they are my last major baddie and only charge off on my transunion. They also keep reporting monthly on my transunion and I show as though I have a new delinquent account every month. 

Did you settle/pay your charge off?

No Donny, I have not paid this one as it is my last major item and I was analyzing what to do in order to completely get them off my report. They have offered settlement letters but I don't want to do a settlement because I noticed a lot of people get a new collection from pra for the remainder balance and then they still have to battle them after payment. I just want to find an approach that can end this once and for all if at all possible while getting a delete. I have been doing pfd on most of my previous ones. I got First premier off by filing an incorrect reporting complaint to the bbb and using the hippa process I go another one off without pay that was a medical collection, will these two ever come back, I hope not. I had insurance on this particular pra charge off and although I called sync during the job loss they never offered me the hardship insurance that covers small payment on a bill up to 10,000 at the time of my collection. FYI I never knew I had insurance for it either and I only dicovered that after I researched pra and sync this past month to see if they had any class action lawsuit and I found the lawsuit for sync where they use illegal practices to add this insurance to individuals accounts and because I qualified for this lawsuit and should have received a reduction of debt in the amount of all of the fees they took for the insurance and instead of there being a deduction of the collection since collections were included too, pra doubled the amount of the actual debt. If one did not receive a reduction of debt one should have received a check in the mail in the amount of the fees they took and I did not receive that either or have record of it on my bank statements and if they did not do any of this page 34 of the lawsuit says that they should delete the record and notify cra and any purchaser of the debt to delete as well and since they have not done any of that I am filing a claim with the cfpb. Sorry for the long story.

Message 12 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They have been reporting on an alleged for and won't verify it.  Send them DV letter CMRR and it goes poof.. Plus they are reporting the collection late and calling themselves "factoring account company".  Just last year PRA and Midland were ordered my cfpb to pay a lot of money because of their deceptive collection practices.  Don't know if you guys know about this.

have you received any response from the cfpb as of yet? keep us posted. much luck.

Message 13 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 yr, 6 mths and they are still reporting incorrectly on my TU and EX.  Incorrectly defined as not per FDCPA protocol.

It it can be fought, but whomever said relentless is right.  GL. 

Message 14 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was me
Message 15 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

donny10  I refuse to pay PRA untill they can verify this alleged debt.

Message 16 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

No not yet.  When I submit the complaint they said  please allow 15 days for a response.

Message 17 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

donny10  I refuse to pay PRA untill they can verify this alleged debt.

I understand. Is the debt yours or are you unsure?

Message 18 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Donny Donny

Message 19 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Donny Donny

LOL. I hear you. For right now, I refuse until I get my relief or the delete that is due to me for illegal practices. We will see. Let us know your response Kento when you get it. It is good to have some humor while going after this beast. ahahhahaha. If they give us a battle why can't we give them a war.

Edit: It is late and I am tired. It is all in good fun. If we can't smile through it....

Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.