cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRA..... I'm confused please help!!!!!!!

tag
couponcrazy

PRA..... I'm confused please help!!!!!!!

So I filed a complaint with the bbb last week against pra because they are still reporting a balance of $817.00 even though I was told by them my account would be close after my settlement payment is received and cleared my account would be considered closed and paid in full. I logged on to the Experian website and now PRA does not appear at all but when I went on annual credit report for my free transunion report they still appear on that report. Can someone one please tell me what may be going on do you think they will delete this from my credit report. I even filed a complaint with the ombudsmen but have yet to hear from them. Does it take a while for all the reports to update????? I'm trying to buy a home soon and want this gone asap!!!!!!! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: PRA..... I'm confused please help!!!!!!!

How long ago did you settle the account?  Did they tell you they would delete the account?

Message 2 of 4
couponcrazy

I settled the account about three weeks ago.. the rep I spoke to said the account would be closed and my reports updated. I even have it in writing because I wouldn't send them anything until I had it in writing. I don't understand what is going on..

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Well, paid and updated are different than deleting.

I would give it 30 days and see what happens in the end.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.